Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Microsoft, Cisco, Intuit, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
If you have a passion for design and are excited about building relationships with fellow design community leaders, this may be the perfect role for you.
Abstract is searching for a Manager of Field Marketing. In this role, you will own the entire offline and online event strategy, execution and measurement. This includes conferences, meet-ups, podcasts, webinars etc. Essentially you will act as an advocate and voice for Abstract amongst the greater design community.
What you'll do:
- Drive event and conference strategy with stakeholders to build field marketing event and program calendars designed to drive pipeline (generate net new leads & accelerate existing opps.), drive prospect engagement, increase awareness, and support conversion rates
- Manage and mentor existing field marketing team
- Select and manage all participation in events i.e meet-ups, conferences, and Abstract hosted events.
- Identify partnership opportunities and collaborate with the Marketing department to increase awareness and exposure in the design community (i.e. working with existing design communities on in-person events or online events, live AMAs, podcasts, etc)
- Work with sales and marketing to nurture and qualify leads from the events
- Manage marketing relationships with strategic partners including creating and executing joint marketing strategies
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure cohesive storytelling across events, webinars, and email campaigns to help identify what resonates best with each audience
- Execute new, experimental marketing campaigns with the goal to make Abstract a key part of the designers workflow.
- Continue to build an active network with ongoing engagement in the design community
- Act as an advocate and voice for Abstract amongst the greater design community
- Own your metrics: Conduct post-event evaluations and ROI analysis. Report and share results and recommendations with the team. Effectively manage budgets and evaluate the ROI of all event campaigns
What you'll bring:
- Experience managing event, industry conference and meet-up strategies and execution from selecting events, negotiating contracts, post-event follow up and measurement of event effectiveness
- People management and leadership skills
- Experience creating and executing on joint marketing initiatives with strategic partners
- Ability to credibly influence & manage across the organization
- An understanding of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe suite or InVision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- You’re willing to travel up to 50% for events and conferences
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401k.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
This role requires 50% travel.