Posted 5 months ago
This position is remote based, ideal candidate will be based in the Eastern Region of the US.
GitLab is looking for a highly motivated, sales-focused field marketer who will be responsible for supporting our US East sales team.
A successful Field Marketing Manager has strong understanding of sales-focused marketing as well as our audiences of enterprise IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. They enjoy taking charge of regional marketing programs, detailed planning, proactive communication, and flawlessly delivering memorable marketing experiences supporting our sales objectives.
- Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the needs of the East Region.
- Create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities through regional and account-based marketing execution.
- Be an advocate for the sales region you support and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales team you support understand the marketing department's priorities.
- Swag management for sponsored events, GitLab owned events, and in support of the sales department.
- Decision making and discretion regarding event selection and planning in support of regional sales objectives.
- Regional event strategy, decision making, and onsite management.
- Event logistics in support of the team. From helping to book space for meetings to making sure the booth is staffed, and making sure every aspect of our events are well organized.
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing,
- 7+ years of experience.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A passion and strong understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
- 30 minute screening with our Global Recruiters
- Interview with Manager, North American Field Marketing
- Interview with the Director of US East Sales
- Interview with a Strategic Account Leader
- Interview with West Field Marketing Manager
- Interview with Chief Marketing Officer
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.