Posted about 1 year ago
This position is remote based, ideal candidate will be in or around the Washington, DC Metro.
GitLab is looking for a highly motivated, sales-focused field marketer who will be responsible for supporting our Public Sector sales team.
A successful Field Marketing Manager has strong understanding of sales-focused marketing as well as our audiences of enterprise IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers. They enjoy taking charge of regional marketing programs, detailed planning, proactive communication, and flawlessly delivering memorable marketing experiences supporting our sales objectives.
- Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the needs of the Public Sector Sales Team.
- Create, expand, and accelerate sales opportunities through regional and account-based marketing execution.
- Be an advocate for the sales region you support and help the rest of the marketing department understand their priorities.
- Be an advocate for the marketing department and help the sales team you support understand the marketing department's priorities.
- Swag management for sponsored events, GitLab owned events, and in support of the sales department.
- Decision making and discretion regarding event selection and planning in support of regional sales objectives.
- Regional event strategy, decision making, and onsite management.
- Event logistics in support of the team. From helping to book space for meetings to making sure the booth is staffed, and making sure every aspect of our events are well organized.
- Successful track record working with US Public Sector sales team, distributors, and channel partners.
- An understanding of state & local, Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence Community agencies and ability to translate this into a cohesive marketing plan for the Public Sector.
- Past experience delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through regional marketing,
- 7+ years of experience.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to empathize with the needs and experiences of IT leaders, IT ops practitioners, and developers.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A passion and strong understanding of the developer tools, IT operations tools, and/or IT security markets.
- Past experience in the US Public Sector.
- Experience with supporting both direct sales and channel sales teams.
30 minute screening with our Global Recruiters
Interview with a Sr. Field Marketing Manager
Interview with a Strategic Account Leader
Interview with Public Sector Channel Manager
Interview with the Director of Public Sector Sales
Interview with Chief Marketing Officer
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.