Posted 5 months ago
Journalism and Editing
SmartBrief is seeking a full-time editor for its Washington, D.C., office who will help create daily email newsletters for a range of association and corporate partners in D.C. and nationwide. Topics covered will include the financial advisory industry and investing.
SmartBrief is seeking highly experienced applicants, but will give serious consideration to applicants with strong enthusiasm for covering industry events featuring high-profile industry executives and regulators. Experience or interest in a variety of media formats including social media, video and podcasting a plus.
Selected applicants will be asked to complete a timed writing and editing test.
- Identify and prioritize the most important stories of the day in the financial services industry.
- Write and edit summaries for inclusion in SmartBrief’s finance newsletters.
- Use online publishing tools to create email newsletters and content such as Q&A interviews, event coverage, blog posts and special reports.
- Manage relationships with associations, corporations and other business clients as well as content providers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in a communications or research role with a news organization, consulting firm, trade association or other relevant group.
- A passion for helping readers stay in-the-know about the latest financial services trends.
- Proven track record of writing and editing accurately on tight deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task is a MUST.
- Facility for using online publishing tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- A keen interest in the rapidly changing world of media and information.