Posted 5 months ago
Finance Manager, IT
Location: Denver, CO, United States
This is a remote position can be anywhere in the US, ideally in the Denver/Boulder CO area.
This position will supervise critical financial projects and processes supporting IT. This position will primarily be focused on analysis and reporting, will directly supervise staff, and perform ad-hoc tasks as needed.
- Manage daily, monthly, and annual reporting for IT Run & Maintain and Projects.
- Manage month-end closing processes including discrepancy analysis, and preparation and approval of accounting journal entries.
- Produce and present detailed monthly and as requested analysis of IT Run & Maintain and Project expenditures.
- Provide data, tools, and financial expertise to assist IT leadership in forecasting responsibilities and historical analysis.
- Coordinate the annual budget cycle, including goal setting, allocation among responsible units, and documentation of assumptions.
- Educate program staff on financial concepts and policy through formal presentations and trainings.
- Produce and verify the accuracy of reporting to be shared with external stakeholders.
- Leads and assists with special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- A minimum of five years experience in accounting or finance, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- A minimum of three years in a supervisory (people manager) role.
- Advanced experience with software packages including Hyperion, CFS Business Objects (Webi), MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed to coordinate activity with Red Cross staff nationwide.
- Must display good judgment, decisiveness and the ability to take independent action while leading a team effort.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and management.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.