Posted 8 months ago
Financial Analyst (Remote)
Finance – San Diego, CA – Full Time
Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcome place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 17 languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
Do you enjoy digging deep into the numbers to draw insight? As a Financial Analyst at Cloudbeds, you will be a resident expert for revenue and sales accounting, analysis, and forecasting. You will contribute to the success of the organization by creating actionable insights through financial and operational analysis.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior management. Are you committed to excellence? Are you an Excel ninja? Do you enjoy the world of finance and accounting? Then this is the job for you!
Location: USA (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Support global processes for revenue accounting, analysis, and forecasting
- Prepare and analyze monthly revenue cohort analyses and other key metrics
- Reconcile subscription revenue
- Calculate monthly commissions for a growing sales team
- Manage processes for invoicing business partners
- Create and maintain intuitive analytic tools, reports, spreadsheets, and models that utilize a variety of data sources and provide business insights
- Understand drivers, trends, opportunities, and share insights and recommendations through data
- Understand global operations and develop ad-hoc business analysis and present recommendations to finance and accounting team and senior management on strategic decisions.
- Assist with entire budget/planning cycle including scenario forecasts, monthly re-forecasts, and reporting to execs
- Work closely with the rest of the finance and accounting department to improve processes and adapt to growing and changing business needs
- Assist with audits
- Demonstrate a deep level of ownership with a team-oriented mindset
You’ll Succeed With:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field
- Expert Excel skills
- 2+ years of professional experience in highly dynamic finance/accounting roles
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities, with a commitment to consistent excellence in developing and executing analyses while managing multiple projects and priorities successfully
- Business level fluency in English required
- Second language in another part of the world where Cloudbeds operates is a plus
- SaaS industry knowledge/experience a plus
- Financial database skills are a plus
- FP&A software experience a plus
- Public accounting experience or familiarity with US GAAP a plus
- Understanding of financial and operational controls a plus
- CPA, CFA, or other relevant designation(s) a plus
- Experience working with Google Suite
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules, an open PTO policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. To make it easy for our team to travel we offer 2 corporate apartment accommodations near our offices in San Diego and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
At Cloudbeds we are dedicated to your personal and professional development. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your unique individual growth! If you have the skills and passion, we will support you and give you the opportunity to thrive in your career. We look forward to hearing from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018 & 2019)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes