Posted about 1 year ago
**Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and we are consistently ranked amongst the highest-grossing apps in both Google Play and the App Store. Become the Spanish/ Dutch-speaking voice of the most successful outdoor app and use your copy skills to inspire our users to experience the outdoor adventure of their lives. **
For this role, we are looking for freelance copywriters whose native language is Castilian Spanish and Dutch.
**What will you do**
* Localize all our communication from English and optimize it for Spanish/ Dutch -speaking users.
* Guide our users through all levels of our product with an appealing and consistent language.
* Inspire people with convincing App Store copy, landing pages and charming emails.
**Why you’ll love it**
* Utilize all of your greatest passions: Cycling, nature, apps, and copy.
* Your copy will inspire millions of people, from seasoned hikers and cyclists to people who are looking to go on their first adventure.
* We encourage you to work from wherever you want, be that on a beach, in the mountains, from home, or anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3.
* Enjoy a creative and responsible role that offers a great amount of flexibility and fair compensation.
**You will be successful in this position if you**
* Have 3+ years of experience localizing English copy into Spanish (Castilian) / Dutch.
* Have proven experience in writing clean and effective copy for user interfaces, landing pages and emails for an online or mobile company.
* Have Spanish (Castilian)/ Dutch language skills at a mother-tongue level, excellent linguistic and grammatical skills and a very good understanding of English.
* Possess in-depth knowledge of the cycling/outdoor market and their respective customer segments, as well as some professional experience writing for outdoor products/brands.
* Are self-motivated and extremely organized with high attention to detail.
* Would like to work for us for up to 30 hours per week in the long-term.
**Sounds like you? **
Then send us the following:
* A CV highlighting your relevant experience.
* A little note on why are you interested in this role at komoot.
* Relevant examples of your work (e.g. copy for apps, landing pages, emails).
* Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter, Instagram account or your blog.