Posted about 2 months ago
We're looking for an HTML/CSS expert to help us improve and expand our rapidly-growing online education platform
. Our ideal candidate pays high attention to detail, has an eye for design, and is passionate about clean, reusable code. We have a small team, so you'll have a lot of responsibility working on various projects in different areas of the business. You'll work directly with our product team while coordinating with our backend developers to build new pages, upgrade existing UIs, and create slick, system-generated emails that delight our users. In addition, you will work closely with our growth team, implementing A/B tests and making other important updates to our public site.
You'll be a great fit if:
- You love building pages and UIs from scratch with HTML/CSS based on mocks.
- You have an eye for design, and you care about pixel-perfect precision.
- You have experience with Sass, and you're all about reusable placeholders, mixins, and variables.
- You embrace the principle of DRY in your HTML/CSS development (see bullet above).
- You don't mind refactoring/cleaning existing code to lay the groundwork for future improvements.
- You have deep experience working with and implementing design systems.
- You aren't afraid to dabble in backend code whenever necessary (we'll teach you whatever you need to know).
- You're comfortable using Git & Github for version control.
- You champion accessibility and regularly apply best practices in your work.
- You work extremely well with others and collaboration is a key factor in your past successes.
Essential Skills Summary:
- Expert level HTML/CSS
- 2+ years experience in building & implementing design systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Competitive salary
- Work from home (we’re a fully distributed team with members in NYC, Lisbon, and more)
- Remote working allowance
- Flexible hours (you set your own schedule)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Occasional in-person team retreats (public health guidelines permitting)
- Work on an awesome product that’s innovating in the online education space and teaching people modern design skills all over the globe