Posted 10 months ago
Mid/Senior Front-End Engineer
Are you looking to be part of a fun group of travel junkies set out to revolutionize the travel world? Wanderu is an exciting Boston-based startup determined to create the travel brand for the next generation. Wanderu’s ground travel search is the simplest way to book bus and train travel, making peoples travel experience more convenient and fun! This is your opportunity to join an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world, one traveler at a time.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are currently looking for a front-end engineer who, along with the rest of the web team, will help design, develop, improve, maintain, and troubleshoot our entire public web presence: our search interfaces and booking tool, our user account experience, our SEO properties, and more. You will build small features and make minor bugfixes yourself; work on teams of 2-3 frontend engineers to develop more substantial features; write unit and integration tests, and deploy your own code to our production servers.
- Proficiency in one or more application state management libraries such as Redux or Flux
- Familiarity with one or more unit- or integration-testing tools like Jest, Ava, Puppeteer, or Cypress
- Familiarity with REST API interaction
- Familiarity with node.js
- Ability to build pixel-perfect implementations from design wireframes and storyboards
- Web internationalization/localization (i18n/l10n) and accessibility (a11y) best practices
- AWS cloud services
- CI/CD/pipeline tools such as Jenkins or Rundeck
- Health benefits including dental & vision
- Stock options – all employees benefit in the performance of the company
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Quarterly Internal Hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
- Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
- Ping Pong table
- Free bus tickets!
- Fully stocked snack kitchen
- Team outings
- Happy hour every Friday
How to apply
Please send your resume along with any additional requirements listed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.