At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events. As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
We are looking for someone who is self-driven and ambitious, with a keen eye for design, and preferably with solid experience in frameworks like React and JQuery. We are also looking for someone with strong experience with Twilio, OpenTok and other video softwares.
You will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with, ensuring alignment of web design, optimising web pages, among other duties.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment as well as working with a remote development team. You will have the opportunity to work within a highlight motivated and ambitious team of 10, reporting directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Ensuring high quality user experience.
- Maintain and improve company website.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Provide high-quality graphics and visual elements.
- Work closely with a small agile development team.
- Delivering projects and KPIs on-time with high quality browser troubleshooting, debugging.
- 4+ years Front-End development experience.
- Experience working with video software like Twilio and OpenTok.
- Experience with WebRTC, Live Streaming or other related video technologies.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment.
- Passion for clean code.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Experience in graphic software such as Adobe Suite, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge of some SEO principles.
- Self-starter, able to deliver project on time meeting high quality standards.
- Strong understanding of different software development practices,infrastructure, and how. each can help bring more value to customers.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
A competitive starting salary, a fully remote and flexible company, work from wherever!