What we're looking for
LaterPay is looking for a full time Frontend Software Engineer to join our distributed tech team. You’ll work on various backend applications, building new features, as well as maintaining and fixing existing code.
We’re looking to hire an engineer at mid-level level or higher. We would expect the ideal candidate to be able to:
- Translate ideas into projects with discrete tasks.
- Give guidance & unblock others on their team/area.
- Be sought out by others as a technical resource.
- Seek design, architecture or specialized input when needed (and know when it’s needed).
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt and tradeoffs.
- Communicate with non-technical team members to understand needs and give technical advice.
You'll be responsible for:
- Working within a cross functional team of Product Managers, UX designers, Engineering Managers and Backend Engineers to understand the requirements and scope that drive the design of technical solutions.
- Writing reusable components and associated styling.
- Writing unit and integration tests.
- Setting up and managing appropriate tooling.
- Assisting with documentation of new features, contributing to the documentation of existing ones.
- Finding and addressing performance issues throughout the application.
- Helping to identify and fix frontend bugs and issues.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with React, state management libraries (such as Redux), and Webpack:
It is very important that you are able to hit the ground running with our existing React-based UIs.
- Experience with or exposure to some other tools which exist in our projects: Stylable, TypeScript, Storybook and Python (useful, but not strictly required).
- Experience with E2E testing, visual testing and unit testing in React codebases.
- A solid surface/contextual-level understanding of “the full web stack”.
- A good command of English: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
- As a distributed team, we primarily communicate via Slack, so the ability to clearly and completely communicate in written English is vital.
- We also frequently hop on calls, both audio and video, so the ability to clearly speak and understand English is also vital.
How we work
LaterPay has around 50 people spread over 13+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 9ish UTC to 6ish UTC, and ideally you’ll overlap at least 4 hours with that. We try to be as asynchronous
as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect and inclusion. We're proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.Benefits
- Training budget
- AllHands (semi-annual team event)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- upload your CV, and
- let us know in your cover letter what you bring to the table.
Our preference goes to applications with cover letters.
We will be accepting applications until January 24th, 2020.
Up to €75,000 / year, negotiable based on experience and skills level