Posted 3 months ago
We’re a small, fully-remote team working to organize the world's commercial real estate data. Our SaaS platform is used in over 50 markets (across the US and Canada) and helps people research commercial property, find office space, sell apartment buildings, lease warehouse space, etc. You could think of it as "Zillow for buildings that aren't houses". Our wild start-up days are behind us – we're all grown up and profitable with a 18-year track record and users who love us. We're growing at a faster clip than usual, and could really use some help.
- We use a microservices architecture, practice continuous integration, and host everything from AWS.
- We're not dogmatic about our tools/technologies – we use whatever best suits the task at hand.
- We communicate mainly via GitLab, Slack, and Zoom, but (usually) get everybody together for face-to-face time at least twice a year (once for a retreat and once for a conference).
- You have some experience building web applications and RESTful APIs.
- You have some experience with ReactJS or are excited to get started with it.
- You've dabbled enough with (or read enough about) microservices to understand both the benefits and the pitfalls.
- You're a quick study, stay up with the latest-and-greatest ideas and processes, and enjoy learning new things.
- You understand that working as part of a small team can sometimes mean wearing different hats.
- You believe in the mantra: "strong opinions, weakly held".
- You're an excellent communicator (with and without emoji/giphy)
- You value stability, work/life balance, group decision-making, and working with people that are good-natured, open-minded, interesting, hard-working, and self-motivated.
Catylist is for you if...
- You're a human (or convincingly sentient bot) of any variety, color, shape, size, etc.
- You hate the corporate bureaucracy of a big company.
- You're over the chaos and uncertainty of a start-up. You like having reasonable hours and knowing that your job will be around next week.
- You enjoy maintaining and improving the products you've built rather than handing them off and moving on to the next thing.
- You know what you love to do and are just looking for the right place to do it.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, remote, W2 position with benefits (health/dental/vision/401k/disability). Candidates must be based in the United States.
When applying, don't include a stuffy cover letter, but please take some time to explain why you're a fit for our team. Include your resume, GitHub link, and anything else that will help us avoid clicking "Archive" on your submission :)