Posted about 1 year ago
Title: Full Stack Developer
Location: Herndon, VA or Remote
nVisium, the leading provider of application security tools, services and research for software development, has an opening for an experienced, full-time full-stack developer. nVisium’s problem solving approach combines skilled technical analysis with a deep understanding of what matters most to our clients. From training to assessments nVisium provides value to clients whether they are starting a new security initiative or already have a mature program in place.
nVisium is looking for a Python-skilled, Full Stack Developer to help expand our product engineering team, which focuses on building a platform for delivering secure development training. You would be part of the team creating a brand-new way of training developers on secure coding. The ideal candidate is excited to code and solve engineering challenges while working with a 100% remote, yet close knit team. We have been in business for 10 years and thrive on creativity, collaboration and no egos.
* Design and build both front-end and back-end components
* Maintain code quality and testing procedures including unit and integration testing.
* Build APIs used for consumer and internal services in Scala and/or Ruby.
* Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction.
* Work in a DevOps environment using CI/CD and AWS.
* Conduct user research and evaluate feedback.
* Establish and promote internal and external design guidelines.
* Ability and desire to work autonomously.
* Assist in shaping and improving engagement processes.
* Experience with Angular/React for building ADA compliant applications.
* Experience utilizing Python for web-application development.
* Experience with relational database technologies, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
* Experience with non-relational database technologies, such as DynamoDB and Redis.
* Knowledge of using GitHub with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.
* 3 or more years experience designing web and mobile interfaces.
* Working knowledge of Go and/or Ruby programming.
* Understanding of common problems in Application Security, such as SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, and security misconfiguration issues.
* Experience with serverless application development, including AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
* Comfortable working with microservice architectures.
* Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS Elastic Container Service.
* Experience with programming languages such as, Python, PHP, Java, Obj-C, Swift, Kotlin, and more.
* Understand the concepts for functional, unit, and integration testing.
* Experience building and interacting with RESTful API's.
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools.
* Familiarity with command line tools.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Compensation and Benefits:
* A group of great, passionate, and interesting co-workers
* Competitive Salary
* Health club benefit