Posted 2 months ago
- Full time
- Remote (UK only)
- Starting ASAP
- 45k – 65k+, depending on experience
Bookwhen is a flexible and affordable booking solution that's used by thousands of customers worldwide. The businesses we work with range from yoga and fitness to alpaca walks and children's activities. They all make our world a more colourful place and helping our customers turn their passion into a business is our biggest motivator. Our small team is made up of passionate and autonomous people with an entrepreneurial mindset. We're a group of creative thinkers focussed on quality, excellence and collaboration.
What’s the job?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid to Senior level developer to join our team full time. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable diving into any part of the stack to help us develop the product further, with a focus on quality, usability and flexibility.
We believe in encouraging autonomy and self-organisation. You’ll be making your own decisions and getting involved in areas beyond development, so there will always be plenty of opportunities to grow your skill set and be part of every aspect of the business.
Our working hours are Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 5:30pm (can be flexible). A typical week will be made up of a mix of development tasks such as improvements, maintenance and new features. You will have regular calls with fellow team members to discuss and collaborate on the projects you're working on. You'll also take part in a short daily stand-up with the whole team, as well as sprint meetings every two weeks.
Our Technology Stack
- Database: Postgres
- Automation: CircleCI
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, GCP
Why working at Bookwhen is great
Initially founded in Oxford, UK, we are now a remote-first business, giving our team full flexibility in their location. We aim to meet at least 4 times a year and have a strong emphasis on genuine work-life balance.
You’d be team member 7, joining Bookwhen at a pivotal point in our growth after having quadrupled in size since launching our latest version. With a clear and well-established product-market fit, we see huge opportunity to grow further. Your role will be integral to achieving our goals.
We’re a team of passionate and hardworking people, who believe in the value of what we bring to our customers.
We're looking for someone who can hit the ground running. You already have a passion for development and love keeping up to date with and learning new technologies. You thrive when given a new challenge or project and naturally have a creative approach to problem solving. You're able to think holistically and are product focused with an eye for detail and design. As a small team who work closely, we need someone who understands the importance of collaboration and enjoys teamwork.
- 3+ years commercial development experience in a start-up, SaaS business or agency.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or another modern web framework, we’re more interested in talent than specific experience.
- Self-motivated and can work autonomously with little guidance.
- Attention to detail, with a focus on code quality and testing.
- Exposure to agile working practices.
- Experience working with APIs.
- Based in the UK.
- Understanding of what makes a great user experience.
- Experience with UI design.
- Experience working in a remote team.
- Interested in mentoring junior developers in the future.
- Project management skills.
- 45k – 65k, depending on experience
- End of year bonus
- Annual leave - 33 days per year (including bank holidays)
- Working fully remotely
- Pension scheme
- Budget for co-working spaces and office equipment
- Away days
- Budget for training and conferences