Posted 3 months ago
Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. 💬 + 📦 = ❤️
We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 6000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.
Our growth exceeded 200% in 2020, so we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020 to double our global team and to accelerate our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants. 🥳
Join us! Resistance is futile!
- You'll fit right in if you care about working on applications that are putting the customer needs first. At Gorgias, we work hard, so our customers have an easier job! We also like working with people that "get stuff done" and are confident about pushing their code to production many times a day. You're also one of those people that cares about becoming a better engineer and human every day. Learning never stops; we help each other get better!
- If getting your hands dirty in a real-world application that touches the lives of millions is your thing, then yeah, Gorgias is for you.
About the Integrations team
- The Engineering Integrations team is the team responsible for bringing all external data into Gorgias. We integrate with both communication channels to bring messages into Gorgias (Gmail, Facebook Messenger...), and ecommerce softwares to bring customer data into Gorgias (Shopify, Magento...).
- There are currently 8 Full-stack Developers, 1 Back-end Developer, and 1 Engineering Manager in the Integrations team. In the close future we intend to split the team in 3: Channels Integrations, Ecommerce Integrations and Integrations Core.
- This position is for the Engineering Integrations, Ecommerce sub-team.
As an example of current projects:
- integrating with Twitter to create tickets from Tweet replies, Direct Messages and mentions in Tweets
- a Twilio integration to build native phone capabilities into Gorgias
- integrating with Instagram Direct Messages
The features we implement allow our customers to have all their data consolidated in one place: Gorgias. They have all their messages from all their communication channels there, and thanks to ecommerce integrations they have all the context around people who contact them, context necessary to understand how to reply to them and what actions to take.
What you will do:
- Maintain existing Ecommerce integrations
- Add new features for existing integrations
- Add new E commerce integrations as they are prioritised
- 4+ years of back-end experience
- 4+ years working with Node.js / Python
- 4+ years working with Rest Apis
- 2+ years experience doing front end with a Js framework (React, Meteor, VueJs)
- Picky about code performance
Nice to Have
- 5+ years working with React / Flask / Celery
- Knowledgeable about Kubernetes
- Previous startup experience
Company Perks & Benefits
- 💰Competitive salary (60th percentile of the market) and equity packages (65th percentile of the market)
- 💻Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- 🩺Complimentary private health insurance (we use Alan)
- 🚊50% of public transportation reimbursed (Vélib, Navigo, etc.)
- 🍴Personal credit card to buy lunches during the week (we use Swile)
- 💆Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- 📚Get up to $2000 of learning material (includes books, courses, training sessions, etc.)
- 😍 Every quarter we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we're going and strengthen the social bonds (once traveling is safe, we'll transform these summits into offsites!)
Engineering Team Culture
Getting Stuff Done, Ownership, Team Work, Excellence, and Agility.
You should join us if you want to ship stuff fast without sacrificing quality. We've put great importance on testing our code, cleaning it, treating errors first, and features later.
We also value growth and ownership. People make mistakes. We learn from them to avoid them in the future. We cannot achieve excellence if there are no bumps in the road.
Why join us?
🚀 We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
🦄 We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
🥇 Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
🙏 Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
More cool things to know about Gorgias... 😁
Gorgias ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or
harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.