Posted over 1 year ago
Timeline is a B2B SaaS application that helps financial planners create and manage retirement plans in the US, UK, and many more countries.
Timeline uses extensive empirical research, asset class returns, inflation and mortality data to assess how a retirement strategy might fare under various market conditions.
In simpler words, our mission is to make retirement portfolios last a lifetime.
How we work
- We are a small and fast moving team.
- Our technology team is 100% remote.
- We work asynchronously and in 4-week cycles.
- We value simplicity.
- We value code quality.
- We value experimenting with new features.
We have the following technology stack:
Elixir / Phoenix
We chose Elm for the front-end to have a reliable and maintainable code base with few bugs and no run-time errors. It has been a great experience so far :)
One of the reasons we chose Julia is because it is the perfect bridge between the Quantitative Analysis Team and the Software Developer Team due to its simple syntax, dynamic types and vast number of libraries for mathematical, statistical and financial calculations.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer who:
- has proficiency in one or more high-level languages such as Elixir, Ruby, Go or Python.
- has a solid understanding of web technologies.
- writes maintainable and robust code.
- likes to write tests.
- wants to help design, implement, and launch major user-facing features.
- has a strong understanding of systems architecture and database design.
- likes to provide feedback and code reviews to his peers.
- is proactive with communication and has no problem managing time as a remote employee.
Bonus Points if you:
- are always learning.
- have strong communication skills. You speak and write well. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- like to build stuff.
- have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers and designers to build them.
- have empathy for the problems that financial planners face in their day-to-day operations, and a desire to solve those problems.
- have built SaaS products.
Perks & Benefits
- Work from anywhere.
- A competitive salary.
- 25+ days holiday.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Courses and learning: We invest in your professional growth.
Do you think you are the right person for the job? Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
telling us why we should consider you!