Posted 10 months ago
We’re Polly, one of the largest, longest running, and fastest growing applications on Slack and Microsoft Teams. We make it easy for millions of users across thousands of teams to measure and manage their work. We're based in Seattle, WA but looking for remote developers in and around the greater Vancouver, BC area.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll work to build the systems behind Polly’s polls, surveys, and feedback workflows that run directly within Slack and MS Teams. You'll work in a remote capacity with multiple stakeholders, including our founders, and make a big impact on our users. We’re primarily working with Node on the backend and React on the frontend, in a modern development environment that features single click deployments on a daily basis. We're seeking engineers who have an interest in working in a remote, yet highly collaborative environment where you're encouraged to help mentor other members of the team. This is an exciting opportunity to join an early team and gain exposure to everything it takes to rapidly scale a well-funded software startup.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Polly, you will:
- Build, evolve, and support one of the most popular Slack and MS Teams apps
- Ship high-quality software with a tight-knit engineering team
- Get involved in every aspect of Polly’s products, from design to iteration and deployment
- Develop, automate, and maintain our cloud and containerization infrastructure
- Take part in DevOps rotations to support our production environment
- Work on projects across every layer of the stack
- Mentor more junior developers
Skills and past achievements:
- Experience with multiple product lifecycles of commercial software development in B2B, SaaS, and/or Cloud focus
- You've successfully built out solutions end-to-end and are comfortable operating in any layer of the architecture. Our tech stack is built on Node and React, but any past web development experience is suitable
- User-centered design experience: Ability to understand what the user wants and what you can deliver within the constraints
- Excellent leadership skills: Ability to lead a project end-to-end and commitment to keeping stakeholders updated on progress and deliverables
- Strong, proactive communication skills
- You are adaptable, can move fast, and enjoy tackling the types of challenges seen at an early stage startup
- Curious learner who is always sharpening skills and asking "Why?"
- Bonus Points: Love for Slack and/or parrots
You’ll be joining a team that values empathy, respect, and has strong work ethic. As an early employee you’ll join the founding team on a journey to rapidly scale our enterprise SaaS business, with a real opportunity to influence our company, product, and users. Everyone at Polly enjoys competitive compensation and great benefits including PTO, medical, dental, vision, equity, and more.