Work on something truly meaningful with ambitious entrepreneurs.
We are FLT Medical. The largest health systems in the country rely on our products to connect patients to quality addiction treatment.
You are a full-stack Rails expert who has built and deployed applications from scratch. You are comfortable as the lead engineer on the front-end and back-end.
You will work directly with the founding team as we grow into a massively impactful business.
Everything you build will have an immediate impact on the business and the fight against the opioid crisis.
You will work closely with the technical cofounder to create new product lines and internal tools that are critical to expansion.
Some examples of projects you’ll be working on:
- A first of its kind data collection tool used by state and local governments to help make policy decisions
- Billing integration into an existing app
- Automated infrastructure for our quarterly publication
- Internal sales automations / tools
This will be a long-term hourly role with about 30 hours of work per week available.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
You are trustworthy and accountable. You love the daily satisfaction of moving tickets to the “Done” column. You are self-reliant and definitely don’t need to be micromanaged.
You’ve built and launched full applications into production and have no problem picking up new tools to get the job done.
You are excellent at the following:
- Ruby / Rails
- HTML / CSS (Sass)
- Working with 3rd party APIs
- Infrastructure management (Heroku, Postgres, etc.)
- Communication in English
You’re pragmatic. You aim for simplicity over complexity, and you write code to make an impact in the real world, not to impress other engineers.
You are located somewhere in North America or Europe.
- Work on something that’s making an impact in the real world
- Join a small team where your contributions immediately impact the success of a business
- Take full control over the technical implementation of the product and build something that helps save lives.
- Flexibility with hours and schedule. Purely results oriented.
- Quality pay for quality work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume, portfolio, and a brief note about why you think you'd be a great fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT FLT MEDICAL
We’re building technology that helps doctors connect patients to quality addiction treatment. Our products are used by some of the leading health systems in the country.
Founded by a team of Y-Combinator, TechStars, and Columbia alumni dedicated to building a profitable business that helps others.
We've bootstrapped our way to profitability and recently raised a small seed round to accelerate our expansion across the country.