Posted 10 months ago
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation
and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the position:
Our Global technology team helps to develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
Dimagi is looking for an entry-levelFull-Stack Software Engineer to join our Global Technology team. This position is open to remote employment or based out of one of our offices in Cambridge, MA, Delhi, India or Cape Town, South Africa. The platform team at Dimagi is small, so everyone tends to have their hands in multiple areas, while simultaneously finding certain areas to focus on more closely over time. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Build new features using modern best-practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Build software usable by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low levels of literacy, no experience with technology, etc)
- Participate in agile process, code reviews, and release testing
Who You Must Be:
- Comfortable developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Background in building software for the web
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct, and efficient code
- Authorized to work in the country of the office for which you are applying
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and all employment decisions are based on individual qualifications.