Posted about 1 year ago
As the newest addition to our team, you’ll lead web development and frontend projects. You will be responsible for making sure our web applications are stunning, responsive, and loved by our customers. Over time your responsibilities will grow to include contributing to the core system, and sharing in on-call duties. Our design is failure resilient, so incidents are rare, but we do share in carrying around a pager.
We are a small team of engineers and, like our service, we are distributed—residing on two coasts of the United States and in Europe (or elsewhere, depending on the season). While we are collaborative, this means the job requires being comfortable with a high degree of independence. In return, you’ll be able to work wherever you are and won’t be bound to a particular schedule most of the time.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Good English written communication skills—you don’t to be a native speaker, but you must be proficient.
- Experience with frontend libraries (ideally Vue.js and D3.js).
- Experience with web technologies (HTTP, web frameworks, etc).
- Experience with languages like Go, Haskell, or Rust is a plus.
- Experience working independently or in remote teams.
- Take ownership of all frontend related web development tasks.
- Contribute throughout the full stack, from provisioning services and core infrastructure, to the analytics dashboard and customer portal.
- Share in on-call duties. Our design is failure resilient, so incidents are rare, but we do share in carrying around a pager.
- Participate in discussions about software and product design.