Posted over 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a skilled Fullstack Developer to join our Application Development Center of Excellence (CoE) in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work with customers to develop enterprise-level production applications focused on cloud-native applications, using our open source offerings and frameworks. You won't be expected to know everything on day one, but your ability to learn new technology quickly will be essential. Most Fortune 500 companies in the airlines, telcos, healthcare and commercial banks rely on Red Hat. As a Fullstack Developer, you will help us build applications that scale to the demands of the modern digital marketplace. You’ll serve as one of our industry-leading consultants in API integration, process-driven development, and cloud-native development. This is a local position with occasional travel to customer sites.
- Work with modern application development practices, including agile and emerging open source technologies
- Help customers achieve business success in a rapidly changing environment
- Understand and implement application code, microservice systems, continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), and domain-driven design principles
- Create software architecture specifications
- Implement production-ready applications using prescribed technologies and solutions
- Be part of a fast-growing, outstanding Consulting team that is supportive of its members, collaborates on solutions, and is receptive to new ideas to enable the best use of our offerings and open source technologies
- Work within a dynamic team environment at our Raleigh office
- Use critical thinking skills to tackle tough problems in an innovative way
- Constantly learn about new technologies and apply these concepts to customer needs
- Become a trusted advisor to our customers, helping them achieve business success in an ever-changing technology landscape
- Work closely with product business, product engineering, support, and sales teams to ensure excellent customer experience with Red Hat's offerings
- Contribute to the development of repeatable methodologies and tools designed to scale Red Hat's services capabilities, promote repeatable customer engagements, and lower delivery risk
- Travel to customer sites to perform software design activities
- 3+ years of experience with design, development, testing, and deployment of large, distributed, object-oriented applications
- Experience using Spring Boot or similar Java application frameworks
- Experience with asynchronous APIs or reactive programming
- Experience with database design and implementation
- Experience building and deploying applications in containers
- Understanding of software architecture specifications
- Solid understanding of REST API development and API first design best practices
- Good understanding of microservices and serverless software architectures
- Preferred experience with agile development environments practicing test-driven development (TDD), pair programming, and open source and code sharing models
- Demonstrated experience communicating value, progress, and metrics of key projects to required stakeholders and diverse audiences
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, project management, and planning skills
- Willingness to travel for up to 4 days per week, 13-26 weeks per year to customer sites throughout North America
- Experience working in a consulting or a similar customer facing role is a plus
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or a similar field is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.