Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Finance team is looking for a General Ledger Accountant to join our Accounting team in Israel. In this role, you will prepare, review, and manage the general ledger to meet month and quarter-end reporting deadlines for Israeli entities. You'll manage prepayments and accruals and internal and statutory accounting. As a General Ledger Accountant, you’ll need to have solid reconciliation and analytical experience and be able to work under strict deadlines. You will report directly to the General Ledger Accounting Manager.
- Manage U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) reporting responsibilities
- Communicate with external accounting provider who prepares monthly accounting packages for review
- Perform extensive reviews of the externally prepared accounts and resolve discrepancies as they arise
- Ensure externally managed accounts are in sync with Oracle balances on a regular basis
- Book journals on Oracle with appropriate supporting documentation
- Provide commentary on unexpected costs and variances in trends
- Coordinate with internal team members and functional group members at various levels to provide explanations and resolve issues relating to accounting entries
- Complete monthly reconciliation, journals, and controls
- Prepare and maintain local statutory financial statements
- Serve as a point of contact for testing of technical system enhancements and improvements in areas of responsibility
- Continuously review processes to identify areas for improvement
- Review expense reports and related tasks
- Communicate with internal and external auditors as required for U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), and statutory compliance audits
- Serve as a point of contact, helping associates with queries related to purchase requisitions, and as a point of contact of accounts payable (AP) processes
- Produce ad hoc reports for management on request
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field like accounting or finance
- 3+ years of experience in a multinational environment in a similar role
- Experience with GAAP and SOX regulation; local GAAP reporting experience
- Experience working on strict deadlines and ensuring compliance with company policies
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively document, write, present, and engage associates from different management levels, individual contributors, and stakeholders across all geographical areas
- Passion for quick learning and applying new skills and technologies
- Highly motivated with an ability to demonstrate creative problem-solving and analytical skills within a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work with diverse groups at all levels of the business
- General ledger accountant experience in a similar role; part-qualified or qualified accountant status is a plus
- Experience with Oracle EBS is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.