Posted 2 months ago
Global Quality Training Specialist (eLearning)
- Location: UK–Swindon
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 103700BR
When you’re part of the Global Quality Systems & Compliance team in PSG, you ll do important work that impacts the daily use of all Global Quality Training at the sites. You will work directly with members of the Global Quality Team and regional Training Leads to develop of eLearning courses. You will also work cross-functionally with a team of Qualified Trainers, Subject Matter Experts, System Specialists and Project Managers across DSD, DPD sites and CTD, to implement a vision for the next generation of eLearning courses within a single function. Your online courses and user guides will be used across the Thermo Fisher Network and impact the training of thousands of users.
Location/Division Specific Information
This is a Global role which you may work remotely or at a TFS site. You will be reporting to the Global Quality Training head within the Global Quality Systems & Compliance Team.
How will you make an impact?
Join a Global Quality Training team that is dedicated and passionate about the delivery of Quality Training. Be known as the technical go-to member of the team for eLearning development and use your expertise in writing, editing, and recording to help Qualified Trainers and Subject Matter Experts throughout the Thermo Fisher network to learn how to use our eLearning platform.
What will you do?
- Develop eLearning modules and associated materials (perform learning needs analysis, content authoring, recording video and voice-overs, editing and authoring of supporting documentation).
- Develop and deliver an eLearning author training program, establishing best practices and effective use of Rapid Authoring Tools (e.g. Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia) in collaboration with global Qualified Trainers, Project teams and Technical Writers.
- Support the Quality Management of eLearning modules and associated materials, performing evaluations to support continuous improvement and management of training materials.
- Support Thermo Fisher GMP training processes as part of the Global Quality Training team, providing first-line support to LMS users and Qualified Trainers in Quality compliant ways of working.
- Support global Training Community promoting teamwork and collaboration.
- Handle the logistics of Webinar recording and posting, provide support for WebEx meetings.
How will you get here?
- BSc in life sciences, engineering, technology, Learning and Development, Business Management, Human Resource Management, or equivalent
- Experience in the technical aspects of building and maintaining online training modules.
- Experience of GxP regulated environment.
- Formal certification and/or experience in the development and delivery of technical training.
- Experience writing complex technical material or training programs.
- Experience reporting business, scientific or statistical data to readers.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work independently, setting timelines to meet deadlines.
- Significant experience in use of Rapid Authoring Tools (e.g. Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia).
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially the advanced formatting features of MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Database administration, ideally a SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS).