Posted about 2 months ago
Join the team building the new generation of distributed NoSQL database: Scylla Cloud, our Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS).
Scylla Cloud provides managed Scylla clusters with automatic backup, upgrades, repairs, performance optimization, security hardening, 24*7 maintenance, monitoring and support — all for a fraction of the cost of other DBaaS offerings. Scylla Cloud lets you prototype quickly, get into production fast and, once in production, scale smoothly over time.
A drop-in replacement compatible with Apache Cassandra and Amazon DynamoDB, Scylla Cloud customers are building innovative solutions across a range of industries.
- As a team leader you will help introduce and guide work methodologies, technologies, mentor and ramp up new developers, and be the go-to person in the areas you are an expert at.
- Lead the GO developers team and work closely with the Cloud Team leader.
- Writing technical design docs, tracking tasks and deadlines, help and troubleshooting
- The Go developer tech lead will stay hands on and develop 60% of his position.
- At least 7 years experience as a developer in the hi-tech industry
- Experience of at least 3 years development using Go
- Experience in Open Source development is an advantage
- Experience working in a remote position
- Team Player with an ability to work independentlyStrong communication skills
- Proven record of leadership of development teams, including coordination of team members and successful delivery of projects
- Experienced working in collaborative virtual teams (Slack chat, Zoom conferencing, Google G Suite applications or equivalent)
- A developer-level understanding of Linux and related applications and utilities.
- Experience with modern developer and devops environments, tools, and practices (Docker, Kubernetes, blue/green deployments, database migrations, etc.)
- Proficient in one or more distributed NoSQL databases (Scylla, Cassandra, DataStax Enterprise, Amazon DynamoDB, Cosmos DB, Google Cloud Bigtable, MongoDB, Couchbase, Aerospike, etc.)
- Experience with modern public cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience using public source code repositories (Github, Gitlab)
- English- Fluent
- Hands-on experience with Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) solutions.