- Freelance or paid internship
- Contract. Target 15-30 hours a week. Potential to grow into full-time hire
Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We even license our technology to major game studios.
As our newest teammate, you will create graphics and design layouts to visually tell Lightstream’s story to a growing community of content creators. We work collaboratively and rely on your great communication skills, ability to manage your time, and attention to detail to produce innovative assets as a representation of our brand. As part of the marketing department, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your creativity across a range of projects – social media, web pages, video, print, email, key art, stream overlays, and so much more. #Goodvibes are a must.
What we’re looking for...
- You have a strong online portfolio that showcases your creative thinking, unique sense of style, and that you have the design skills to execute.
- Clear grasp of design fundamentals (hierarchy, color, typography, etc)
- You understand the technical side of exporting production-ready graphics. You have a knack for getting the best looking image with the smallest file size, know when to use RGB vs CMYK, and what file format is best for the situation.
- You know Photoshop and Illustrator (or Sketch) like the back of your hand. Experience with other Adobe Creative Suite software is a cherry on top.
- Have the ability to creatively amplify a design while staying on brand.
- You’re open to feedback and aren’t afraid to speak up if you see an area where something could be better. Everyone on our team is constantly looking to improve and we don’t settle for version 1.
- You enjoy the freedom, and respect the responsibility, to self-manage and follow through on projects with little oversight.
Not required, but if it’s relevant let us know!
- :kappa: You love video game live streams and are well versed in the memes, emotes, and language of the gaming community.
- Experience with video editing or motion graphics
- You’re a gif making machine
- You understand and can write basic HTML and CSS. You know your way around an HTML email and can apply inline styles to a blog post if needed.
- Experience creating and editing web pages and managing blogs in Wordpress.
- You’ve designed print projects and understand how to prepare files for a commercial printer.
- Photo editing & retouching experience
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. Most of our team has deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, AMD/ATI, MLG, and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), and video (OBS). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.