Posted 10 months ago
We're a small remote dev team spread throughout Europe working on a technical product. We're looking for or a driven, experienced growth engineer to join our team and explore in depth possible growth channels across the entire funnel, from acquisition to retention.
We develop https://addpipe.com, a video recording platform used by developer inside companies to add video recording to their web apps or mobile apps. Many of our customers are HR companies doing video interviews, but the use cases vary from interactive campaigns to education and authentication. We need to target developers and customers with all these use cases.
So far we've experimented with:
* Content: mostly tech oriented blog posts and how to integrate with major form building solutions
* AdWords and Twitter ads
* Social (Twitter, StackOverflow, Quora)
* Engineering (WordPress plugin)
But the channels above do not get the love they deserve from us. As techies, our main love is product & development. It comes easy to us to develop another feature or cut S3 storage costs . We need someone equally passionate about growth and finding new ways to grow to join us and give these channels the love they deserve and find for the product the customers it deserves.
You’ll work closely with me, the CTO and the rest of the team to explore and identify best areas for growth but you'll work directly on designing & implementing experiments to test your ideas for different acquisition channels, target customers and touch points down the road (conversion & retention).
We'll be offering a fixed and variable salary to compensate for great work. You should be able to issue an invoice for your work. Everything is negociable.
A) Your 1st responsibilities will revolve around gathering and tracking important KPIs
* Make sure our existing analytics tools are gathering and reporting accurate data
* Set up (weekly) KPIs (website visitors, visitor conversion rate, trial conversion rate, new accounts, spend, etc.) and track them
* Track traffic by channel (organic, ads, social, etc.) and measure KPIs per channel
* Research, select, and implement marketing tools to help measure & analyze our traffic & campaigns
B) But we'll also do some exploratory work which impacts several channels down the line:
* Research & maintain an up to date structured list of keywords we should work with in paid advertising, SEO and content
C) You'll then move on to exploring but also diving in depth on topics regarding some of the acquisition channels we've used:
* Content Creation & Publishing
* Display Ads & SEM
We have a lot of ideas here we're willing to invest in!
D) With aquisition channels up to speed we can look at optimizing the visitor to trial conversion rate:
* Review the onboarding process and come up with improvements to streamline the process
* Review the website and come up with improvements to drive up the conversion rate
E) And at optimizing the trial to paid conversion rate using part product, part sales and part email techniques
Given the above marketing channels we're looking for someone who :
* has experience in SaaS marketing, ideally in a growth-focused role
* works easily with Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Keyword Planner
* has experience with advertising and managing budgets on an ad network like AdWords or Twitter ads
* has experience with writing and publishing content in English
Bonus points if you have:
* written or published technical articles
* more than basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, SQL, Git, Linux, GitLab
* product marketing experience
* good copywriting skills
* sales experience (identifying leads, researching leads, developing leads, closing leads)
Competitive salary with both fixed and variable components