The Marketing Director will report to the CEO and is responsible for overseeing performance marketing and brand strategy. The right candidate will have a proven track record of profitably growing e-commerce brands and the ability to marshal the right creative strategy to express brand story in a high-impact way.
Additionally, we expect the Marketing Director to stay deeply connected to our customers, identifying ways to improve their experience and to build long-term customer relationships. The right leader will assess market trends to keep our strategies for driving customer loyalty and engagement on-brand and cutting edge. The Marketing Director will need to be comfortable analyzing website performance and user behavior to inform marketing priorities and website strategy.
As a startup social enterprise that’s growing quickly, we are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative leadership environment, is excited to get their hands dirty, and is inspired by our mission. We are looking for someone who is motivated, resourceful, and able to work effectively in a remote context. A passion for our mission is essential.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Performance Marketing Channels: You will be responsible for developing and implementing cohesive, full-funnel strategies across performance marketing channels, paid and organic, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, search, email, SMS, affiliates, and YouTube. You will work with our internal team and external partners to implement strategies and tactics that will drive performance and achieve growth goals.
- Customer Retention and Loyalty Strategy: You will be responsible for measuring, identifying, and implementing new solutions to improve customer happiness, loyalty, and retention.
- Brand Strategy: You will oversee our brand strategy across all digital and physical touchpoints, communicating our story through compelling content across many mediums (video, imagery, landing pages) and channels (Facebook, display ads, radio, print).
- Website Strategy: You will oversee the website strategy working with internal team members and external partners to ensure our site’s look and feel is up to date and on-brand and that we are continuously improving website functionality through a test and learn approach.
- Forecasting and Budget Management: You will be responsible for forecasting and managing yearly and monthly budgets, ensuring strong fiscal oversight.
- Reporting and Analytics: You will be responsible for providing regular comprehensive reports in all areas of responsibility, including but not limited to performance marketing channels, website strategy, and customer retention.
- Manage a Lean Team: You will be a servant leader with oversight of a combination of in-house team members and consultants to achieve our goals.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in consumer-facing marketing roles, with 5+ years in leadership roles
- Previous experience managing, optimizing, and scaling various performance marketing channels is required.
- Track record of profitable user acquisition strategies for e-commerce.
- Track record of improving customer loyalty and retention with measurable, data-driven programs.
- Track record of creating emotionally-evocative, high-performing brands and campaigns.
- Familiarity with technical marketing processes and tools like attribution analytics and marketing automation platforms.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks and teams simultaneously.
- Strong budgeting and forecasting capabilities.
- Driven to achieve and deliver results.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- You’ve been part of a team that has brought brands to life through digital storytelling mediums: video, imagery, social media content, rich long-format content, etc. You have contributed to campaign development and asset delivery on time and on budget.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A team player mentality that prioritizes organizational success over individual or departmental success.
- A hunger to continuously improve and satisfy our customers.
- A passion for building a regenerative food system that respects the farmers, the supply chain workers, the animals, and the environment.
- An ability to communicate effectively as a remote team member—solving problems and taking initiative but always keeping the team stitched into the conversation.
- A well-honed project management toolkit.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy environment and to react quickly.
Why join us?
Grass Roots Farmers’ Cooperative is on a mission to transform the way meat is produced and consumed in the USA. As a cooperative of small-scale family farms, we use truly innovative practices from regenerative agriculture to blockchain technology to bring our products to health-conscious consumers across the country.
Social Impact: We provide a living wage to everyone in our value chain—from farmers to meat processing staff—and we’re actively building the next generation of sustainable farmers.
Sustainability & Animal Welfare: We use the most sustainable farming practices in the nation (known as regenerative agriculture) to build soil, sequester carbon, and slow climate change. Our animals live the best lives possible based on their unique evolution and needs. They spend their lives 100% outdoors on fresh pasture, where they have the freedom to roam, scratch, forage, wallow in mud, and enjoy themselves.
Innovation: We’re an innovative start-up dedicated to using the latest technology and techniques to bring our mission to life. From being the first meat producer in the USA to use consumer-facing blockchain technology to help people opt out of the grocery store, we’re dedicated to continuous improvement and always ready to implement new thinking.
Health & Nutrition: We’re giving Americans access to the highest quality meat, the kind people used to have access to when they knew the farmer down the road. Our meat is non-GMO, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, and pesticide-free; 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, pasture-raised poultry, and forested pork.
Recognition & Lifestyle: We do honorable work and practice our values. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.