Posted 3 months ago
PocketSuite is a YC-backed mobile platform for service professionals, independent businesses, freelancers, contractors, gigsters, part-time, and other non-traditional workers - helping them message, schedule and collect payment from their clients. PocketSuite empowers the U.S. market of 57 million freelancers, generating $1.2 trillion in sales with online platforms for running their business. Over 4 million appointments booked, $184M in payments processed, 18 million messages sent for businesses running on PocketSuite today. We are the stickiest SMB platform in the market. Once businesses onboard, they never look back.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a high energy, creative, scrappy, results oriented Product Manager who recognizes that creating a great product, delivering world class customer success, and developing viral loops are a winning strategy. You have a different take on how to raise the visibility of PocketSuite's brand and you have a track record for going where others don't to find, engage, and convert new users. You believe in a data driven approach to product roadmap decisions.
You love the idea of making it easy for anyone to work for themselves and make a good living, which is PocketSuite's vision. That idea fires you up so much, you are willing to go to the wall to bring it to life. You know that the best way to spread the word about an amazing app is through your personal network and you have a network that is just waiting to benefit from a solution like this. You are an influencer in the freelancer community and are ready to bring your full network, ideas, talents, and time to bear to build PocketSuite's platform and user base.
This is a full time position that starts as a 30-day contractor role. If it is a fit on both sides, you'll join full time. We are open to structuring something that works with the right candidate.
What will you be doing?
Provide strategic input into platform extensions that grow our user base
Leverage our platform to create viral loops
Scope and implement integrations with key distribution partners
Are there any requirements?
Strong problem solving skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
3+ years of product management experience
Mobile product marketing background [a plus]
Payments, SaaS, and fintech knowledge and interest [a plus]
Prior experience working in a startup environment
No one (reasonable) you know would describe you as an asshole.
Everyone you've worked closely with would rank you in their top 5
You should be able to ace our basic technical interview [no puzzles, no tricks]
You sleep when we all #win
Your not into shiny new things and Tech Crunch headlines
You are all about building systems that create real value for real people - over the long term
The details matter to you [PRDs, pixel perfect design, acceptance testing, continuous performance monitoring] and you take lots of pride in your work.
Looking for an "ALL IN" team and workplace culture
Who we are?
1) Engineers and product obsessed - we loathe over-engineering, we cringe anytime a customer reports a bug and we release new versions every 3 weeks.
2) We love our customers - solving their problems and helping them grow and succeed in a rapidly changing world. Oh yeah we also love their 5 star reviews.
3) We love disrupting the status quo - desktop solutions are so last year and we believe everyone globally in the industries we're going after will be using a mobile app as their primary business tool by 2025.
4) We understand that it is critical to measure what matters. So we don't take victory laps nor do we pause to take a break unless the scoreboard reflects that we are #winning as it relates to our customer delight and growth goals.
5) We don't just think of this as a job. In our spare time, this is what we do and who we are. Our obsession with small business, fintech, smart growth, and cool apps is a 24/7 thing.
6) We believe only three things matter as we build out our business: building a great product, delivering awesome customer service, and a killer instinct for activating and engaging new users.