Posted 9 months ago
is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20, 000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 140+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Growth Product Manager who is passionate about eCommerce.
The Growth Product Manager will be focussed on scalably growing TaxJar. You will be responsible for iterating on the core user experience across our entire stack, building new experiences to improve the customer journey, creating recommendations and personalization systems, and hypotheses driven experimentation. Ultimately, your success in speeding up conversion of trial customers, discovery, and adoption of core product features will help TaxJar grow and scale the product to new customer segments.
Join us in making eCommerce easier for everyone.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As a Product Manager for TaxJar you will
- Have a deep understanding of digital product funnels, user segmentation, A/B testing, and general frameworks for product growth
- Have a data-oriented approach to improve key metrics throughout the growth loop (from acquisition to retention) and to drive better customer lifetime value (LTV)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing and engineering to create hypotheses and make product decisions using actionable insights
- Frequently interview and communicate with customers. Turn the problems into opportunities for the team to drive a better outcome for our customers
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems and ability to thrive in chaos, and get shit done
- Have an approach that defaults to action and helps your team do the same
- Have excellent communication skills - especially important in a remote environment
- Create, define, and update the product roadmap while working closely with other PMs to ensure consistency is achieved, dependencies and risks are raised, and development efforts are not duplicated
- Obsessively understand customer needs and deliver the world’s best product
- Own the roadmap that will turn the vision into reality and oversee its execution
- Challenge existing assumptions and think from first principles
- Collaborate with UX and engineering teams on a day to day basis to drive results
- Clear, concise writing skills
- 5 years of experience in product management, with a minimum of 2 years experience in a growth role
- Experience PMing SaaS products a plus
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communication and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and are not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team
and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammate to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in-person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.