Posted 8 months ago
With students in 80+ countries whose lives have been changed through our program and global community, Microverse is in search of a passionate Head of Marketing who will focus on brand, communications, and content. This individual will serve as an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media, influencers, and internal and external stakeholders.
This position will report to the CEO and will be a key leadership position in the Marketing organization, working alongside the Head of Growth. This leader will oversee these areas within Microverse – public relations, brand, content, and social marketing. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on and scrappy professional who has well-rounded experience in strategy, mediums, and execution, as well as good familiarity with other areas of marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the creation and quality of content strategy deliverables, including success stories, student-generated content, and thought leadership pieces.
- Define and orchestrate the content calendar across a mix of campaigns, owners, goals, and content types.
- Maximize the impact of our brand by identifying new partners, channels, and content distribution strategies.
- Lead global brand marketing and creative strategies for our website and all external communications.
- Grow and manage a small internal team, contractors, and agency relationships for the execution of our content, PR, and social strategy.
- Get hands-on with editing & guidance throughout the content production cycle.
- Work with the company executive team to further define Microverse’s brand, messaging, and thought leadership while ensuring continued alignment with company goals.
- Collaborate with team leaders in Growth, Admissions, Student Success, and Career Services to generate impactful content that resonates with Microverse’s audience of global talent.
- Implement a global strategy for PR, including local and international media, as well as relationships with influencers and podcast producers.
- Establish content goals and performance metrics with a view to ongoing content optimization.
- Identify and document the content needs of key audiences, across all stages of the customer journey, in the form of content-actionable personas and journeys.
- Identify key communications trends beneficial to Microverse.
- Lead and support our email marketing strategy, including a/b testing of drip campaigns, SMS/WhatsApp communication, email lists, and newsletters.
- Collaborate with the growth team and agencies to develop and optimize landing pages based on growth goals.
- Design the strategy and manage the growth of Microverse’s social media presence and interaction with its audience on social channels.
- Design and coordinate the process to gather and promote student content, including graduate interviews, articles, and testimonials.
- Promote a culture of high-performance, continuous improvement and learning, and work-life harmony.
- Establish and inspire team performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, and establish priorities.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience and a demonstrated track record of success working with startups in content and marketing communications, preferably with a B2C organization.
- Experience working for a remote or distributed organization with a global audience.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier technology, industry, analysts, thought leaders, media/reporters, and editors.
- Experience developing the brand and voice for a global organization.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing a long-term and data-driven content marketing strategy.
- Knowledge of SEO strategy and execution.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive communications strategy, media relations program, and social engagement.
- Ability to quickly switch between high-level strategy and scrappy, hands-on execution.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing and uncertain environment.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with Microverse’s leadership team.
- Have prior startup and remote work experience.
- Have been described as resourceful, proactive, and entrepreneurial.
- Have high empathy for working with individuals from different countries and cultures.
- Are eager to experiment and learn.
- Are based in Europe/Americas/Africa (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team).
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world.
- Are familiar with working with modern tools such as Airtable, Zapier, Customer.io, Webflow, etc.
What we offer
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and shape our brand and marketing organization.
- Autonomy, while working alongside the Head of Growth.
- The opportunity to join the whole team at the company retreats around the world every year, while also enjoying a remote culture that fosters deep relationships through weekly online activities.
- Work alongside a fully-distributed team of people from all around the world with a deep belief in our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
How to apply
Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position. Include the word "coffee" at the beginning so we know you read the entire job description :)
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
NOTE: Our company has competitive and transparent salaries adjusted for cost-of-living in different geographies. Your salary will depend on experience as well as the average cost of living in your area using a proprietary and transparent salary calculator for remote employees.