Posted about 1 year ago
We're looking for a Head of Design to help us build the next generation of Jira Software Cloud. We've been working on making Jira Software easier to use for modern Software teams and have just begun our journey. In this role you'll be leading a team of designers in Sydney that is shaping how teams around the world plan, track and release software.
Ideally, you are passionate about making people better; you provide support and guidance to your team in constructive ways that inspire, energise, and increase their quality of work. If you have the drive and passion to steer the strategic design direction and grow design at Atlassian in Sydney, then this role could be for you.
Atlassian is one of the fastest growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Stride, to name a few.). We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavouring to make Atlassian products essential for all Teams. We're expanding our global design organization and searching for passionate, talented designers to help us.
As a design leader for Jira Software, you will:
- Be a strategic partner of the Jira Software leadership team, working closely with the Head of Engineering and Head of Product to define the product strategy and roadmap.
- Establish (and maintain) a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team. Proactively look for opportunities to improve workflows and user interfaces for the products you are working on.
- Be a tireless innovator. With a pulse on the constantly changing strategy and trends in product design, you will help your team anticipate and adjust to new challenges and ensure constant innovation within your product.
- Lead and manage a talented and high-performing team of 5 designers. With a passion for developing others, you'll coach and inspire your team towards success and cohesion.
To be successful in this role, ideally:
- You have 10+ years of professional UX design experience.
- You'll harness your significant experience (5+ years) leading and managing a team.
- You're able to help grow those around you and challenge them to perform at their best.
- You have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software.
- You're able to demonstrate a record of shipping simple, beautiful software.
More about the team:
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for delivering across the entirety of the design process, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. Ideally you are really strong in at least one design-focused skill, have an interest to improve in many other areas and are humble enough to always ask questions and learn more. Read more about Design at Atlassian here:
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and were at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, were advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, were out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, were looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.