Posted 9 months ago
Job DescriptionAbout Toptal
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
As Toptal’s Head of Enterprise Sales, you will be responsible for accelerating Toptal’s expansion into the enterprise space, leading and scaling a world-class team that is changing the way the world’s largest companies leverage talent. You will work closely with Toptal’s VP of Enterprise, and will lead Toptal’s Enterprise Sales Team to target, develop, and close high-value clients across the enterprise world.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be an exceptionally creative and well-organized salesperson, as well as an excellent leader and critical thinker.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. All communication and resumes must be submitted in English.
- Work closely with the VP of Enterprise, Toptal’s executive team, and the Enterprise Sales Team to accelerate the expansion of Toptal’s business in the enterprise space.
- Function as both a “player” and a “coach”, spending time both operating to close clients on the front lines and guiding the team’s development.
- Optimize and evolve all of the team’s inbound and outbound sales processes through data-driven, results-oriented evaluation and experimentation.
- Develop account prioritization criteria and work with members of the Enterprise Sales Team to prioritize their target client portfolios.
- Regularly meet with members of the Enterprise Sales Team to review activity, guide further direction, evaluate performance, and develop coaching plans.
- Work closely with Toptal’s VP of Enterprise to evaluate and evolve the team’s short-, medium-, and long-term tactics for establishing Toptal as the leading provider of professional services in the enterprise space.
- Define geographic focuses or vertically assigned industries for members of your Enterprise Sales Team, and work with them to develop strategic enterprise sales playbooks tailored to each client segment.
- Develop and execute a plan for scaling the team structure and goals, as well as the interviewing standards and hiring plans needed to achieve these goals.
- Build, maintain, and grow C-level relationships with multiple executives from clients in your team’s portfolio.
- Set aggressive sales goals for your team and take full ownership over leading the team to meet those goals.
- 10+ years of proven success leading professional service sales including staffing and/or project sales, with relationships ranging from director-level to C-level contacts.
- Successful experience as a sales team leader at a rapidly growing professional services organization.
- You must be an exceptional individual contributor and coach who can both work with salespeople on the front lines and also develop and execute coaching plans for the team’s continued development.
- You must be a creative, entrepreneurial salesperson with exceptional leadership and critical thinking skills.
- You must have a strong understanding of how to navigate a large organization to assess which accounts/projects are in need of our specific resources, as well as a strong ability to evaluate the merit of creative new tactics.
- An exceptional rolodex and a strong ability to successfully leverage these relationships both individually and as a team.
- Extensive experience building client portfolios of $10M+, including experience with service agreements ranging from a few team members to 20+ team members.
- You must have exceptional discipline, attention to detail, and motivation. You must be fully capable of leading the team in responding to consistent challenges and going above and beyond as needed.
- You must be highly capable of motivating a team towards the prospect of growing an innovative, world-changing business with us.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills. This includes being fully capable of building and maintaining a respected boardroom presence.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.