Posted about 1 year ago
Head of Marketing
Remote (USA timezones)
As the Head of Marketing, you will be leading the team that is directly responsible for achieving our growth objectives. You will be in charge of growing Scott’s Cheap Flights to its full potential by defining the marketing strategy and building and leading the team to successfully implement it.
In the short term, you will:
- Take on leadership of the marketing team. You’ll hold team meetings and 1-on-1s with your reports.
- Establish and drive a culture of rapid experimentation and data-informed learning to discover innovative ways to acquire and retain new customers.
- Establish a consistent brand identity that positions Scott’s Cheap Flights as a member-obsessed market leader across all consumer touch points.
- Develop and drive our overall marketing strategy, exercising knowledge and mentorship in all channels (paid, organic, public relations, influencers, social, etc.). Partner cross-functionally to assure marketing strategy alignment with the company’s objectives and with team-specific objectives.
- Establish, analyze, and optimize the overall performance marketing strategy – including Paid Search, Affiliate, Email, Display, Facebook Advertisement, and SEO.
- Work to efficiently scale paid and organic member acquisition while also expanding into new channels and tactics.
- Set and manage a budget for the marketing function.
- Evaluate the team needs and hire strategically to scale the organization.
In the long term, you will:
- Continually oversee and refine the marketing strategy you’ve built, coaching your reports to create a top tier marketing function with a deep understanding of the member and their journey at its foundation.
- Analyze marketing data and trends to better position our brand in the competitive landscape, identify key metrics, build dashboards, and deliver actionable insights that substantially improve each stage of the funnel.
- Monitor performance across all marketing channels and shift resources accordingly to maximize ROI.
- Participate in our quarterly leadership onsite where our leadership team meets in person for the work week and plans the quarter to follow.
What you bring to the table:
- You have a proven track record of significantly scaling a growth-stage B2C company, preferably in the travel industry, as the leader of the marketing function.
- You’re an expert marketer with experience in many digital channels, customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- You have a deep understanding experience with performance marketing, scaling channels with positive unit economics.
- You have highly developed interpersonal skills and impeccable communication skills.
- You are an experienced leader with proven experience hiring and mentoring a highly experienced team of marketing experts.
- You can work well with anyone at the company to accomplish objectives.
- You’re a person of compassionate integrity and will always keep our members and stakeholders in mind when making decisions.
- You’re obsessed with data analysis and hypothesis-driven experiments.
- You have a strong understanding and appreciation of branding, communications, design, and customer segmentation.
- You’re able to think strategically and provide high-level guidance but aren’t afraid to get in the weeds of any project.
- You’re willing and enthusiastic about rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done.
- You’re experienced building and managing a budget, setting spend levels, planning for hiring needs, and communicating projections.
About Scott’s Cheap Flights:
Scott’s Cheap Flights is on a mission to enable people to travel and experience the world.
We’re so much more than crusaders for cheap flights, and our numbers prove it:
- 1.6 million+: Members to date, growing every day.
- 100%: Our average year over year revenue growth.
- $500 million: Amount our deals have helped members save.
- 263,009: Miles our most prolific member has traveled.
- 60+: Number of proposals have happened on SCF trips… that we know of.
- Countless: Memories and stories created through our members’ trips.
If “to travel is to live” resonates with you and you have a proven track record of growing consumer facing startups, we’d love to hear from you!