Posted about 1 year ago
Head of Monetization
We’re looking for a new teammate in our lean company (24 people from 14 different countries, over 80% engineers), and give you the opportunity to be part of a fascinating journey. We’ve seen incredible growth over the last 8 years, driven by a talented and versatile yet small team. It worked well so far, but now we want more.
We’re looking for a passionate expert who owns monetization at our company. Someone who loves experimenting and trying new things, but someone who also really genuinely cares about our users. You will help build the most engaging user experience that solves customer needs and maximizes revenue.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are a Head of Monetization (f/m/d) with strong experience, and you will be an essential part of our bootstrapped and 100% remote company with a flat organizational structure. The position is full-time. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a key position.
WE OFFER YOU
- a great work-life balance – work whenever you want from wherever you are. Results – not hours. We care about what you achieve.
no bullshit– we are a fact- and engineering-driven company (including the founders)
- to work on something important. A lot of businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We’ve helped millions of people find love and happiness.
- 30 days paid vacation
- a competitive salary
- be responsible for the monetization strategy of our award-winning apps – used by millions of active users every day
- develop a deep understanding of our different customers and their needs; leverage this understanding to optimize our revenue strategy including subscriptions, in-app purchases, and ad revenue
- design, manage and analyze growth and revenue experiments
- manage and optimize digital campaigns executed in a programmatic ecosystem
- be an active part in our cross-functional growth squad: work closely with engineers and growth marketers to uncover insights and new opportunities for growth and differentiation
- oversee analytics and revenue KPIs for different product and marketing funnels
- help us build out our growth team over time as the company scales
- have a significant voice in our product strategy and portfolio of dating apps
- make a difference in a small team of experts
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and brings bold thinking to the organization fostering an environment of innovation and experimentation.
We’re not looking for a Growth Hacker. This isn’t about trying random dark pattern tactics to drive surges in unqualified signups. It’s about laying the foundation for the next 10+ years of growth. We’re a bootstrapped company that doesn’t have millions in VC funding to drive growth at all cost. We’re building a sustainable, long-term company that our users love, and we love working for.
- bring 3+ years experience specific to growth/revenue including subscriptions, in-app purchases, and ad management – ideally for a mobile app
- have a proven experience scaling a business and delivering outstanding results with a strong perspective on strategy
- have been involved with the growth of a company from earlier stages to late stages, and thus been exposed to massive growth and change
- are proactive, resourceful and entrepreneurial, with little need for supervision and not afraid of failure
- have experience in major ad serving platforms (DFP, AdX, mopub) and digital ad operations
- have a track record in growth experimentation, funnel optimization, monetization, upsell and cross-sell
- have a lean, fact-driven, process and KPI-oriented mentality
- have a high comfort with data and analytical thinking including a strong understanding of statistics. This will be a huge advantage for both being effective in the role and being a cultural fit
- have strong project management, execution, and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- can make things happen and you will not be here just to tell other people what to do
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including references, salary requirements, and possible starting date.