Posted about 1 year ago
Location: Remote, San Francisco
The Head of Strategic Alliances impacts Zapier's growth by defining the strategy, process, and management of the team that is responsible for Strategic Alliances. This team primarily focuses on attracting and forging deep partnerships with our main ecosystem partners like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc. and driving the mass distribution of Zapier's products to their user bases.
The purpose of this role is to build out and lead the Strategic Alliance team, provide thought leadership about how we attract and engage our top ecosystem partners (access new and penetrate existing markets), and partner with Product to develop the tools our partners need to contextually display Zapier to their users. This is the ideal position for a motivated individual who has management experience, is well versed in SaaS partnerships, enjoys working cross-functionally in a polished manner, relishes diving into product roadmaps and APIs, and is ready to take their expertise to the global stage of Zapier.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
Things You'll Do
- 8+ years of Partnership/Business Development experience focused in the SaaS space
- Existing relationships and experience working with the world's top SaaS providers (e.g. Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc.)
- Experienced team leader - you've built and managed teams that have a resilient culture
- You can find and nurture new opportunities - developing strategy, finding partners, working with product, and going-to-market are normal activities for you
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, ability to present work at an executive level
- Technical expertise - you know your way around APIs, product roadmaps, and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty
- Product person at heart - Zapier is a product-first company and you are energized by good user experiences that scale
- Build and lead a world-class partner team of highly talented partner managers that focus on understanding the needs of our partners, users, and growing Zapier's presence
- Define and execute the strategy to recruit the top partners to Zapier's ecosystem to increase our market leadership
- Deeply partner with existing partners to grow Zapier's exposure to key ecosystems
- Work cross-functionally with engineering to build out necessary integrations and be the ear-to-the-ground for the product team, funneling relevant partner feedback and ideas regularly
- Define and implement processes to streamline and organize partner work in conjunction with our Partner Operations Specialist
- Document progress on company-level OKRs and share regular updates with the company
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Our team of 180+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.