Posted 9 months ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat People (HR) team is looking for an HR Data Visualization Specialist to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering data through interactive, creative, and professional visual graphics built on large static and live data sets. You’ll work as part of the HR Analytics and Insights team, designing, developing, implementing, and supporting dashboards and visualizations. You’ll need to be able to translate analysis outcomes into data visualizations that are intuitive and prompt insights and actions. As an HR Data Visualization Specialist, you will also participate in gathering requirements and consulting with customers to find the best means of visualization to fit their needs. You’ll need to be an analytical thinker and creative designer able to bring data to life.
- Deliver meaningful metrics, trends, key insights, and analysis in all areas of HR using a variety of data sources and technologies (e.g., Tableau)
- Use data to tell stories by creating visually appealing reports, dashboards, and presentations for our internal customers
- Consult with stakeholders and collaborate with other analysts to identify data needs and develop actionable insights aimed at answering key business questions
- Advise on interpretation of data, provide insights and recommendations, and help identify future investment opportunities
- Assist your team with reporting and analysis, including resolving ad hoc reporting and analytics requests
- Continually find innovate ways of displaying information to tell the story in a clear, concise manner that is easily understood by our stakeholders
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines, and repeatable processes
- Provide training and assistance to users for generation of ad hoc reports
- Contribute to cross-functional analytics projects; build relationships with partner teams, frame and structure questions, collect and analyze data, and summarize and present key insights in support of decision making
- 5+ years of data visualization experience providing data-driven recommendations and telling stories with data
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale dashboards and reports
- Innovative data visualization and storytelling skills using Tableau or other data visualization tools, Microsoft Office, and G Suite
- Ability to use different data sources
- Ability to take complex datasets and create key takeaways and recommendations using several data sources
- Solid data analytics, data accuracy, and consulting skills
- Performance tuning experience related to data visualizations
- Passionate about using data to tell stories
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with business and technical associates
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience working with HR data
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience using WordPress or other content management tools
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.