Posted 10 months ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat People (HR) team is looking for an HR Manager to join us in Tokyo, Japan. In this role, you will have a great opportunity to build the regional HR strategy and roadmap while contributing to the Asia Pacific (APAC) agenda. Working together with the local leaders, you’ll formulate, develop, implement, and deliver results on key organizational topics for Japan, included but not limited to process improvement, change management, leadership development, strategic staffing, succession planning, and retention and compliance strategy. As an HR Manager, you will also provide organizational design to support Red Hat’s growth and promote a fair and equal work environment. You’ll serve as an integral part of the APAC HR team.
- Provide internal advisory on a broad range of HR issues and manage the entire employee life cycle with a focus on performance management, compensation and benefits, and personal development to support managers and improve associate, team, and business performance, as well as employment relations and local employee communications to some extent
- Work according to the priorities of the talent strategy set by the APAC or Japan management and collaborate with our global centers of excellence (CoEs) at our headquarters in Raleigh, NC
- Contribute to the development of the overall HR team by sharing best practices and knowledge; contribute to or lead APAC HR projects
- Actively formulate, develop, and implement results on key organizational issues for the region, including process improvement, change management, leadership development, strategic staffing, succession planning, retention strategy, policy and procedure creation and application, and organizational design
- Occasionally supervise external vendors like benefit brokers, legal attorneys, and relocation agencies and conduct HR-related administration needs, including benefit enrollment, employer confirmations, etc.
- Ability to progressively take increasing responsibility in the HR field while working in an international, dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Ability to maintain solid partnerships with Red Hat’s associates and managers
- Ability to establish and structure HR processes and workflows while also being comfortable operating in the absence of processes and workflows
- Ability to work in a structured and organized way
- Good balance between working strategically and conceptually
- Creative thinking skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills including coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution
- Ability to implement and deliver results
- Cooperative and open-minded with solid customer service skills
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.