Posted 10 months ago
The EMEA Sales Industry Business Development was launched at Salesforce in 2015 to help our local sales teams to maintain our 30+% pa growth in key industries such as Retail, CPG, Banking, and Travel, Transport and Hospitality.
The IBD team achieves this through external engagement with customers on a 1:1 basis or through speaking slots at events and through internal enablement and support to the sales teams with industry expertise. The team executes a playbook with 5 work-streams to help our sales teams achieve this high level of growth:
1. Industry Demgen: Lead structured and programmatic demand generation activities, working with the extended Salesforce machine of field-marketing, partners, sales programs and tele-marketers. This includes presenting at Salesforce events and 3rdrd party conferences with c-level customers
2. Industry Community & Board: Set up and run EMEA Sales industry communities within the Salesforce EMEA Sales and supporting organisation (e.g., organize training sessions, presentations by customers to our teams and run enablement workshops). IBD Leads also act as the COO of the Industry Boards – cross-functional groups led by a senior sales leader to drive focus and growth for the Industry across EMEA
3. Industry Sales Assets: Identify the industry sales assets (including value propositions, industry trends, C-level challenges and strategic value of technology) and enable all customer-facing teams on these assets
4. Industry Accounts: Work as part of the extended account teams on the top 5 strategic accts for an Industry in EMEA, providing bespoke industry expertise in a customer-facing capacity to develop and progress large sales opportunities. This account support can be extended to other accounts with large opportunities
5. Industry Thought Leadership: Developing industry points-of-view to publish online (e.g., LinkedIn) or through Salesforce white papers that can also be presented at Salesforce events and 3rd party conferences
IBD is part of an aligned EMEA programs and GTM (Go To Market) Team that drives and supports EMEA ACV (Annual Contract Value) growth in all its segments
The ideal candidate will be in a high-profile role to maintain and execute our playbook for the Travel, Transport and Hospitality industry in EMEA. In this role you will manage a team and cover following areas:
· Become the key point of contact for industry sales topics in the region.
· Act as COO on the Industry Board in support of the Board Leader
· Act as lead for IB50 Account Program for the industry including providing direct, hands-on support to top 5 most strategic accounts in EMEA
· Conduct relevant customer and industry research to support our industry sales teams.
· Adapt existing industry sales kits and re-usable assets to assist our sales teams in their customer engagements
· Present at Salesforce events and 3rdrd party conferences on industry topics and with customers
· Lead our industry-focused communities across EMEA for aligning our sales teams
around best practice and knowledge sharing
· Develop industry thought-leadership and industry points-of-view
· Train up and support new-hire or new to-territory sales and tele-marketing representatives
on industry initiatives / trends and Salesforce industry value propositions.
· Maintain our industry reference collateral website / tool.
· Present to and consult with Salesforce local and EMEA management on business trends with a view to developing new industry programs and demand generation activities
· Act as liaison between field sales/presales/marketing and Global / regional organizations such as Industry luminaries
· Monitor pipeline progression, join forecast calls and review meetings with mainly local/regional industry sales teams, follow-up gaps and proactively recommend actions to cover gap
Skills / Attributes Needed
· Strong analytical background, ideally at a Tier 1 strategy consulting firm to an Engagement Manager / Project Leader level
· MBA preferred, but not required
· Entrepreneurial spirit and confidence to pick up and lead new projects
· Experience in dealing with senior leaders plus good networking and strong influencing skills
· Happy to be accountable for delivering our 5 playbook work-streams with strong ownership
· Not necessarily deep industry experience, but with the intellect and passion to become an expert
· Ability to lead and influence extended teams without formal line-reporting authority
· Ability to take a practical approach to business development
· Willing to travel (inside EMEA) to support on-going activities, key opportunities (~30% of time)
· Good Line Of Business communication, and ability to present the industry concept internally (e.g., to Sales teams) and externally (in front of senior client or at events)
· Fluency in English is essential and an additional European language is a plus.Posting Statement
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.