Posted about 1 year ago
The Industry Solution Architect will be instrumental in bringing together Salesforce and third party product offerings to validate coherent customer and industry solutions as well as establishing global best practice across the company. You will have the opportunity to work alongside our best and most innovative customers across EMEA to help craft scalable B2B and B2C solutions and to help customers with their transformational strategies in enterprise software pre-sales cycles.
· The Industry Solution Architect is a customer-facing technical expert supporting industry sales and enterprise architecture teams in producing technical architectures and roadmaps that align to our customers business strategies on digital transformation and cloud adoption.
· Subject matter expert in the implementation of data flows and information integration architectures across multiple cloud (Salesforce or third party) and on premise platforms.
· Experience scaling solutions to millions of users / large data volumes / high concurrency requests
· Ability to determine which Salesforce and third party technologies to leverage in customer specific architectures. Ability to create a shared data model across multiple products / vendors / solutions.
· The Industry Solution Architect leads key technical discussions and considerations around change programs both with internal account teams and customer facing.
· Has a global impact on customer success and adoption by the establishment, documentation and sharing of best practice in the above areas.
Your Impact - Responsibilities:
· Translate business requirements into technical architectures and roadmaps that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
· Lead technical design sessions, designing and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with the clients business objectives
· Ability to combine customer needs today with long range planning for success in the future
· Partner with Salesforce's Product, Services and Enterprise Architecture teams to establish best practice and reference architectures
· Identify architecture risks in customer plans and propose remedies
· Supply customer with handover framework with best practice recommendations and guidance that can be used by a GSI or Salesforce Services during implementation phase.
· Promote best practice technical architecture globally
· Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
· Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
· Mentor and guide more junior technical resources
Multi-year experience in either software, system or enterprise architecture disciplines
· Previous practitioner and/or implementation experience of Salesforce CRM solutions or similar cloud based solutions
· Knowledgeable in several of the following areas :
· Integration : SaaS to SaaS or on-premise integration, micro services connectivity, batch ELT/ETL operations, EAI, API lifecycle management, enterprise service buses, REST, SOAP, OData APIs, pub-sub event integration.
· Data architectures : Operational vs intermediate vs warehousing, Master Data Management, Data Stores - RDBMS,Postgres, Kafka, SAN
· Architected / implemented solutions on public cloud - Salesforce, AWS, Azure, GCP achieving scalable, reliable and manageable solutions for customers
· Deep expertise in one or more Salesforce product offering : Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud.
· Strong communication / presentation skills - ability to clearly communicate complex solutions to customer stakeholders and ability to explain the business value of digital transformation.
· A good understanding of the security and privacy as it applies to the EMEA market and cloud solutions
· Experience of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc.
· Experience of eCommerce, payment processing, data analytics, AI tools.
· Familiar with solution selling, design thinking and similar principles
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.