Posted 10 months ago
GitHub is looking for a Data Center Infrastructure Engineer to join the team that provides the foundation on which the world’s largest network of code is build. We’re experiencing tremendous growth and need your help making our vision of infrastructure-at-scale a reality.
Data Center Infrastructure Engineers at GitHub are responsible for spec'ing out hardware from CPU, memory, and disk all the way up to the design and layout our racks, rows, and data centers. They troubleshoot, identify, and address hardware issues. Even more importantly they write software to detect and even mitigate the same problem early the next time around.
- Diving deep into hardware and firmware issues to determine major contributing factors and apply fixes
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that we have the right hardware to address our current needs and future wants
- Solving routine problems and frequent processes with software
- Capacity planning for both short and long-term growth
- Owning and coordinating compute and network hardware projects, with some travel necessary for occasional major rollouts and maintenance
- Participate in an on-call rotation and quickly respond to issues and work to prevent them in the future
- Thorough understanding of Linux OS administration, troubleshooting, networking, and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to thrive in a diverse, fast-changing environment
- Ability to own a detailed hardware specification and procurement process
- Firm understanding of computing hardware and performance
- Knowledge of data center architecture: power, cooling, and networking.
- Significant experience working with data center hardware and writing software to make that easier, faster, and less manual effort
- Familiarity with best practices for hardware acceptance testing
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:Collaboration:
We believe the best work is done together.
We believe in putting people first.
We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
Where We Can HirePlease note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.