Posted about 1 year ago
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. We're looking for an Account Manager to develop positive customer relationships and continue to grow GitHub’s business. We care about customer success and customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping GitHub customers and to be proactive with addressing issues and concerns. We're looking for Account Managers to be based in our Amsterdam office to cover our EMEA territory.
- Build relationships and provide value and attention to customers
- Drive usage of GitHub Enterprise by checking in with customers on a regular basis
- Advocate for customer needs for training and services where needed
- Drive renewals of subscriptions
- Advocate for the overall health of relationship to GitHub acting proactively to address issues and concerns
- Drive upsell/upgrades of GitHub Enterprise in non-named accounts
- Help map customers process and goals
- 2-3 years of successful account management experience in a sales organization
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interest in Git and GitHub
- Must be legally authorized to work in Europe
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 36 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
What We Value:Collaboration:
We believe the best work is done together.
We believe in putting people first.
We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Where We Can HirePlease note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.