Posted 3 months ago
Vanilla is looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to join our fully remote team in building estate planning tools – for advisors, lawyers, and their clients. We're a growing group of designers, developers, attorneys, financial advisors, and operations managers, who share a passion for building beautifully designed products for an outdated industry. Because we are a small team, we're looking for someone who can wear many different hats, be an owner and leader of their domain, and work collaboratively to create an epic sales approach to grow our business. On our team, you will have a serious impact on our company's trajectory and the story we tell about ourselves.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to consult by telephone and email with prospective customers, who are mainly financial advisors. We are deluged with new prospects every day. Help us! As a Vanilla Sales Engineer you will build and generate a pipeline (Sales Qualified Leads) and will connect with those leads through email, calls, and use other marketing tools to qualify leads and schedule demos for financial advisors at wealth management firms across the country. This is truly a blended role of Sales and Relationship Management.
- Conduct qualification calls with financial advisors and manage all incoming communication.
- Clearly and simply explain our technology to customers, breaking down complex information in a way they can understand, and decide if we are the right solution for them.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and prospects, understanding needs and listening for areas of improvement, change and opportunities to build greater partnerships.
- Establish repeatable processes and procedures that will serve as the foundation of our sales strategy.
- Work collaboratively with the Vanilla team to develop and implement prospecting strategies.
- Connect with our list of warm leads and engage with new interest by telephone, email and demos.
- Qualify and convert leads (via website, referrals, in-app trials, etc).
- Track and help prospects continue through the pipeline.
- Assist with client onboarding.
- Identify and suggest improvements to our products and support systems.
- Work collaboratively with product, design, support, and marketing.
Specific (Near Term) Projects/Tasks
Sales Process & Pipeline: Establish repeatable processes and procedures that will serve as the foundation of our sales strategy. Review and update existing materials to ensure consistent messaging and tone throughout our campaigns and supporting documentation.
Emails: Collaborate with our copywriters and marketing to build an email schedule/strategy to deliver valuable content to advisors throughout the sales pipeline for various audiences: clients, lawyers, advisors, etc.
Learning the Industry: Quickly learn and build a strong working knowledge of the complex industry of estate planning, financial advising and be able to "talk the talk". This is likely going to be your greatest challenge as our customer base is knowledgeable and will have complex questions regarding the estate planning process.
- 3-5+ years Saas or Enterprise level sales experience, ideally in a blended, technical sales role
- Excellent writing and communication skills: able to craft strategic emails, build strong relationships over the phone and conduct informative and engaging demos explaining our software.
- Experience writing for a relevant audience: technology experience preferred
- Teamwork and collaboration: Ability to foster strong working relationships with team members and cross-functional partners
You'll love it here! Vanilla is a great place to enjoy the perks of working remotely while advancing your career. Here are a few reasons why:
- A modern, collaborative and respectful work environment
- An opportunity to have your voice heard and make real impact on the company's trajectory
- The chance to have accomplished, driven, and passionate individuals as co-workers
- Paid time off, health insurance, and healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as FSAs
If you think you might be a fit for this role and for our team then we’d love to talk.
Email your resume AND
a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
letting us know why you would be great for the job (must have letter explaining why you are a great candidate!) The first line of the cover letter must have the following information: "My favorite ice cream flavor is ______." This helps us filter who read the entire post – we said we needed someone who is detail oriented, didn’t we?