We’re looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our team.
Ideal candidates have broad experience in IT operations (including distributed staff management, onboarding/offboarding, help desk, and administering software licenses) and some basic knowledge of Information Security (SSO, best practices around storing data at rest, how to protect PII, and how to manage an outside security audit/pen test). Day-to-day IT admin work and help-desk will constitute about 40% of your workload; the rest of your time will be spent on helping our team improve operational efficiency and review and implement improved security practices.
We’re a team of around 50 people spread over 12+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. Our staff is quite technical and do not need much IT support. We use a lot of Google Apps, Slack and AWS.
- Account creation and access management
- Onboarding/off boarding of users
- Manage GSuite & Slack
- Administering software licenses
- Optimize software and licensing costs where applicable
- Help staff with general security best practices
- Identify areas where new technology or services can improve operational efficiency
- Procurement in collaboration with Operations and Finance
- Equipment management
- Management and improvement of IT processes
- Support other teams to ensure regulatory compliance, e.g. for PCI-DSS, GDPR
- Act as a point of contact for all internal and external information security enquiries
- Design and implement security systems, policies and processes
- Train and develop teams on processes and capabilities, and ensure processes are properly documented
- You are self-motivated, proactive and able to drive results without close supervision.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- You’re comfortable to work with a distributed, international team across multiple time zones.
- You are results oriented and work with a pragmatic, hands-on approach.
- You're a team player and you're open-minded.
- You have a broad experience in IT operations and in Information Security (SSO, best practices around storing data at rest, how to protect PII, how to manage an outside security audit/pen test, and familiar with cloud focused tools)
How we work
Laterpay has around 50 people spread over 15+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than whether you’re in a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 7ish UTC to 4ish UTC, and ideally your schedule will overlap at least 4 hours (in the European afternoon). We try to be as asynchronous
as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
Our values are:
- Be fearless. Be entrepreneurial.
- Simplify things.
- Own your decisions. Your successes. Your mistakes.
- Enjoy diversity and inclusion.
- Work as a team. Trust each other.
We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, races, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and levels of experience. Assembling a diverse team isn’t just the right thing to do, it ensures we build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
- AllHands (biannual team event, virtual until we’re allowed to travel again)
- Training budget (€1,000/year)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
- Company laptop
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- upload your CV, and
- let us know what you bring to the table in your cover letter
Your application must include a cover letter to be considered.
Our preference goes to candidates with a history of working with startups, or in small businesses with small to medium sized teams, ideally developing pre-market fit products.
We will be accepting applications until February 19. We’ll spend time reviewing applications until February 26 -- no need to check in with us if you don’t hear anything back from us during this time!
€54k - €85k / year, negotiable based on experience and skills level.