Posted 5 months ago
At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product, GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. We make our customers successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production. We take that responsibility seriously. We have an incredible existing and rapidly growing customer base with a passionate, supportive open-source community and incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
We're looking for an experienced leader to lead GitLab’s Enterprise go to market efforts in Japan. As Japan Country Manager, you will be responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to build a high-performing sales team into a destination for top sales talent. Reporting to the Regioanl Sales Director, APAC, you will play a key role in hiring and leading the Japan Enterprise Sales team, driving leads, new and expansion revenue, service delivery, customer goals, and market expansion to deliver massive value to our customers and to GitLab.
If you have an action mindset and are excited by the idea of quickly scaling a rapidly growing region, this is a rare opportunity to join a bold, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven leadership team and company while engaging with some of the best partners in the world.
- Establish and execute GitLab’s enterprise sales strategy in Japan to build and grow GitLab’s presence and to achieve business targets. Gather market data and identify untapped market potential.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop a results-focused enterprise sales team; foster a successful and positive team environment.
- Educate team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing.
- Prepare forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans.
- Establish and report on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary.
- Ensures that the regional sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal.
- Work cross-functionally with sales leaders, marketing, and product teams to develop go-to-market strategies and execution.
- Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations and quarterly business reviews.
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- 10+ years of progressive sales leadership and operations experience within the software / open source / devops industry. Strong experience with Salesforce.com, and building trackable, repeatable sales processes.
- Experience building and managing sales teams in Japan; proven record of recruiting and enabling top talent.
- Experience selling to Fortune 500; willing to “roll up the sleeves” and sell.
- Experience working closely with Japanese reseller partners.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding performance objectives (hiring targets, pipeline targets, revenue targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing Salesforce.com and marketing automation systems.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and with a challenging workload.
- Reside in Japan and with the ability to travel throughout the country as needed.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.