Data Council is the leading event and talent community for technical data professionals. We are growing internationally, and top data scientists, engineers, analysts and technical founders around the world look to our events for the best technical talks, career opportunities and community experiences.
Our flagship event
is a deeply technical, 2-day, multi-track conference at the intersection of data -platforms, -science and -products. Running each year in SF, NYC, Barcelona and SE Asia our conference is beloved by our community and supported by amazing partners like Facebook, Microsoft, Lyft, New Relic, IBM, Capital One and other top companies & startups with strategic commitments to building the best AI products and teams.
Data Council also runs 20+ community-driven meetups
around the globe as ever increasing numbers of data professionals become excited about our vision and seek to connect with each other.
As the Jr. Marketing Manager you will primarily be responsible for our marketing operations within HubSpot; such as website, email, social and custom work on HubDB. You will report to the Head of Marketing. You will be responsible for growing and scaling all aspects of Data Council marketing as well as representing the voice of our customer’s experience through our different digital touch-points with our customers.
You will partner with our Community Manager and our Head of Operations to create a quality customer experience that continually improves Data Council’s event offerings and production experience at our events or meetups. You will also assist our founder with ad-hoc tasks as needed.
We expect you to be analytical in nature, passionate about marketing, and leveraging technology and data to drive better results ROI, you will be a strategic and analytical thinker who will align with Data Council’s core values and be superior at building and leading high performing marketing campaigns.
You’ll be excited about this role because you will:
- Own Data Council’s HubSpot development ensuring that we stay ahead of the curve and that you are building the processes and tools to support business growth and data driven marketing.
- Scale the Marketing campaigns to support Data Council’s growing business - maintaining existing channels and building new capabilities allowing for scale and reach.
- Grow the consumer lead funnel for near, mid and long term growth.
- Implement key process improvements within Data Council’s marketing and consumer pipelines to minimize cost and maximize value generation.
- Support our Ops and event production team to ensure seamless customer experience at our 4 main events around the globe.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Create and foster a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented team culture
Your experience and qualifications include:
- Must be based in GMT +2 to GMT +10 time-zones (Eastern Europe to Asia-Pacific).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Computer Science OR have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in marketing and/or web development operations including experience with building and scaling an event or conference business.
- Certified HubSpot marketing professional, with deep experience and understanding of the platform and previous experience with custom development and HubDB.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
- A track record of delivering results in a high growth startup environment
- A proven ability to grow and deliver results in a fast paced innovative environment
- A proven ability to develop strong working relationships with cross functional partners
- A passion for data driven, client-centric decision making
- Previous experience in the events/conferences segment is a definite plus
- Hands on operational capabilities with advanced proficiency in Google suite, Hubspot and best-of-breed SaaS tools
- A demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, changing work environment
Our Team & Approach
The Data Council team is fully distributed and embraces the remote work lifestyle. You’ll have the freedom to work from your desired location while attending our conferences and helping to grow our business worldwide.
We also strongly advocate the customer development model of the lean startup approach - our team is constantly exploring and testing ways to bring more value to our users. As a small team, each member is expected to maintain a close connection to our customers. We use systems and design thinking to come up with new ways to solve challenging problems in product-oriented ways - not by simply using the tired old playbook of basic event marketing techniques.
Why Work with Us
We're a scrappy-but-global-startup (operating a growing cash flow positive business!) that hails from the 500 Startups school of 'distribution hacking.’ We’re building a global community of highly demanded, deeply technical data professionals and academics.
Our network is our prime asset, and our community is made up of data engineers and scientists from every major tech company, as well as many influential startups backed by YC, TechStars 500 Startups and top VCs. Data Council sponsors include Facebook, Netflix, LinkedIn, Lyft, Spotify, Microsoft, Cloudera, Heroku, IBM, The New York Times and other great companies.
Data technologies are rapidly changing the world, and our community is at the epicenter of the hottest technical advancements and research in machine learning, computer vision, artificial intelligence, neural networks and deep learning. These technologies are literally transforming industries while simultaneously creating new opportunities and defining our future.
If you believe data is changing the world and want to be a part of growing the most deeply technical community-oriented business around the globe, join us.