Posted 9 months ago
Junior Project Manager
Remote, United States
About RelationEdge, a Rackspace Company
As a Platinum Salesforce Implementation Partner, RelationEdge is focused on implementing technology solutions that are simple to use and provide powerful information that drives our clients’ business. Our methodology is based on business process engineering and optimization, employing a Process First, Technology Second® approach to solving business problems. RelationEdge’s passion for helping clients better market, sell, and service their customers is essential and what has distinguished us from competitors.
Project Managers at RelationEdge have an innate service mentality, driving projects through delivery to successful implementation. Someone who revels in a challenge and takes a disciplined approach to managing stakeholders, planning, organizing and scheduling resources, has great attention to detail, and an understanding of the importance of process fulfillment will succeed in this role.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the successful completion and timeliness of operational projects.
- Exceptional opportunity to grow into consulting for a professional services organization delivering defined work packages and small or low risk projects that produce the required products, to the required standard of quality, within the specified constraints of time and budget for the RelationEdge’s SalesForce clients. The projects are typically of minimum to moderate complexity and have limited risk exposure. Responsible for the end to end project delivery within the Statement of Work. Experience with external clients a plus.
- Project Kick-Off: Work with internal stakeholders understand the goals, requirements definition, the scope of work, budget, timeline, and prioritize requirements.
- Proactive Project Planning: Produce a detailed project schedule by facilitating the team to plan out detailed milestones; identify key dates that require stakeholder interactions and meetings.
- Ensure the team is aligned to operational objectives and drive the team and stakeholders towards milestones.
- Set Project Cadence: Schedule regular touch points with team and stakeholders.
- Communication Management: Tailor your communication style or method depending on the situation and recipient. Run effective meetings by stating agenda and goals. Keep client and internal stakeholders informed of project progress. Lead client and internal project team meetings.
- Project Administration: Ensure all project documentation is created, reviewed, and maintained to RelationEdge’s standards. Prepare reports for clients and RelationEdge management regarding the status of projects and address issues/concerns when appropriate.
- Drive Delivery: Own and execute the project according to the RelationEdge Methodology with mindfulness of any SOW’s contractual obligation.
- Budget Management: Maintain project budget by setting expectations with team and client on budget availability, raise your hand when the budget is at risk and proactively propose next steps to manage budget risk.
- Task Management: Ensure that the team understands the tasks associated with the project, when they need to be accomplished, and level of effort.
- Change Management: Manage changes during projects by understanding the ask and goals. Assess the impact of changes and recommend the best course of action.
- Risk Management: Proactively identify roadblocks and risks, and take the initiative to facilitate solutions.
- Look for opportunities: Take initiative to identify and articulate multiphase and managed services opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment where work requires collaboration and interdependence on others. Ability to troubleshoot issues and brainstorm solutions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You’re a natural leader who’s empowered to see projects succeed.
- You understand success for your clients means communicating and managing expectations throughout the course of the project.
- You understand that you can’t just set a timeline and let the project run itself; you ensure your team and all stakeholders are informed every step of the way and have the data to back it up.
- You believe adaptability and fluidity matter greatly in a project— just because you’ve planned something doesn’t mean things won’t change mid-stream and you can adapt to change course to meet the objectives.
- You’re resilient when facing challenges in a project and are able to proactively work towards a resolution.
- You have a “get ‘er done” mentality and are proactive, not reactive.
- You’re able to translate complex scope and timeline into small workable chunks and have the ability to explain complex issues and present them in a way that clearly conveys impact and understanding.
- You consider yourself a lifelong learner who embraces the opportunity to learn from others and grow from past mistakes and tough projects.
- You’re innately service-oriented and always communicate with respect and professionalism.
- You’re an expert multitasker who can diligently handle many things at once and enjoys having a full plate.
- You’re extremely detail-oriented and organized and don’t let anything fall through the cracks.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have good time management skills.
- Learner mentality with a willingness to grow, learn, try, and to ask for support when needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Project Manager. Experience in a professional services environment a plus.
- Experience managing and balancing stakeholders expectations.
- Understanding of project management methods and processes with the ability to apply them to projects.
- Sound judgment and the ability to know when to listen vs. ask questions.
- Strong time management skills as you’ll have multiple priorities to focus on in a week that often change based on client demands.
- The ability to be self-directed and work in an ambiguous and dynamic environment balanced with knowing when to ask for support.
- Strong business and technical acumen.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.