Junior Quality Assurance Tester
- United States
- Entry Level
TeamSnap is seeking a Jr. QA Tester that exhaustively, obsessively and painstakingly tries to BREAK ALL THE THINGS. If you’re the kind of person who re-reads sent emails looking for typos, complains about movies because of continuity errors and has no qualms about repeatedly experimenting with a 50-ingredient chili recipe, this job may be for you. This role will report directly to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
- As a Jr. QA Tester you will work with our web and mobile teams to find, report and document obvious (and not-so-obvious) product bugs, usability issues and inconsistencies. You must have painstaking attention to detail, patience for repetitive work and a sleuth-like capacity for uncovering non-obvious problems.
- Sometimes you will follow test scripts and sometimes you will be asked to write test scripts, but often you will be in uncharted waters and it will be up to you to find the rocky shoals that lie just beneath the surface. We play fast and loose with metaphors around here and we expect you to do the same.
- This position requires the technical ability to install and run multiple web browsers on Mac and Windows, install and use software on iOS and Android devices and general computer proficiency and savvy. You are not expected to have computer programming skills or advanced technical knowledge.
Some things that are important:
- 2-4 years of relevant QA experience: knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of quality assurance testing and the ability to apply this knowledge and skills.
- Possess a solid understanding of process flow and development; strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Keen organizational skills.
- A relentless desire to find problems before our customers do.
- Enough comfort with computers and mobile phones and software that you can quickly learn to install and use new software.
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize and know where to focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- A nice demeanor, but not a pushover. Sometimes you have to give developers bad news that their software broke, but in a friendly way.
- Ability to think from a user’s perspective.
- Basic interest and knowledge about team sports.
- A no-compromises attitude towards quality.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically-distributed development team
- Flexibility, teamwork, sense of humor and the willingness to do what’s necessary to help a relatively small company grow quickly
Other things that would be nice to have:
- Experience with Jira or similar.
- Experience with Ghost Inspector or similar.
- Experience in both Windows/Mac and Android/iOS. Being bi-platform is a definite bonus.
- Experience in software development or design.
- Ability to read through all of the bullet points.
- Tons of old iPhone and Android phones just lying around your house.
- Be a parent, coach or participant in a recreational sport
- Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about)
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.