Posted about 1 year ago
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Key Account Manager to join the leading open source company globally in Farnborough, U.K. In this role, you will be responsible for building a plan to achieve revenue growth for a range of Red Hat’s solutions within a defined set of accounts across media, manufacturing, life sciences, and business services, including marketing and management services (MMS), in the U.K. You’ll oversee new business development activities within existing and new customers. You’ll need to apply or develop value propositions to engage at the appropriate levels with our customers who may have little understanding of Red Hat’s propositions. As a Key Account Manager, you will develop, progress, and close multiproduct opportunities to meet or exceed targets. You’ll need to have the ability to coordinate a virtual team efficiently to achieve this goal.
- Use account planning and leadership skills to efficiently and effectively manage and direct multiple associates in engagements with the existing and prospective customers, including solutions architects and internal sales teams; monitor any technical support issues
- Identify customer initiatives, generate pipeline growth with existing and new customers; report the pipeline of opportunity within systems and accurately forecast revenue
- Uncover customer business ambitions relating to IT efficiency, data availability, cloud management, and modern application development and the challenges they face in achieving them
- Gain good understanding of Red Hat’s solutions and services to develop and position propositions that will help our customers overcome these challenges
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations
- Set high standards for articulation and presentation of key messages and value proposition to C-level executives and vice presidents
- Oversee all aspects of the sale from pricing negotiations, through contract development, to ensuring successful order fulfillment once the order has been received and processed
- Work with partner sales and services teams as well as IT and lines of business executives within corporate environments
- Proven record of direct selling of complex solutions to large organizations and multiple decision-makers in high-tech offerings and services
- Consistent sales record of performance and business development using well-constructed plans to implement sales strategies
- Ability to develop relationships and credibility at enterprise architect, business development, and C-levels throughout organizations
- Experience securing customer meetings at the appropriate level to uncover or initiate customer projects and opportunities
- Ability to meet in-person at customer sites when necessary to perform a high level of face-to-face customer meetings
- Understanding of and passion for open source technology
- Knowledge of and experience with operating system optimization, middleware (integration, application servers, caching, business process and rules, etc.), hybrid cloud management, and modern approaches to application development using Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Comfortable managing indirect customer procurement and direct customer engagement model
- Ability to communicate with HQ-based resources and associates to effectively resolve customer issues
- Demonstrated solid leadership and account planning skills
- Willingness to travel extensively within the U.K.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.