Posted 12 months ago
We are looking for a talented mid or senior Lead DevOps engineer to join our team at Prominent Edge. We are a small company of 20+ developers and designers who put themselves in the shoes of our customers and make sure we deliver strong solutions. Our projects and the needs of our customers vary greatly; therefore, we always choose the technology stack and approach that best suits the particular problem and the goals of our customers. As a result, we want developers who do high-quality work, stay current, and are up for learning and applying new technologies when appropriate. We want engineers who have an in-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services and are up for using other infrastructures when needed. We understand that for our team to perform at its best, everyone needs to work on tasks that they enjoy. Most of our projects are web applications which and often have a geospatial aspect to them. We also really take care of our employees as demonstrated in our exceptional benefits package. Check out our website at http://prominentedge.com for more information and apply through http://prominentedge.com/careers.
* US Citizen working in the US
* Minimum of 4 years of total experience to include a minimum of 1 years of web or software development experience.
* Experience automating the provisioning of environments by designing, implementing, and managing configuration and deployment infrastructure as code solutions.
* Experience delivering scalable solutions utilizing Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Message Queues, and CloudFormation Templates.
* Experience with deploying and administering kubernetes on AWS or GCP or Azure.
* Capable of designing secure and scalable solutions.
* Strong nix administration skills.
* Development in a Linux environment using Bash, Powershell, Python, JS, Go, or Groovy
* Experience automating and streamlining build, test, and deployment phases for continuous integration
* Experience with automated deployment technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
* Experience administering automated build environments such as Jenkins and Hudson
* Experience configuring and deploying logging and monitoring services - fluentd, logstash, GeoHashes, etc.
* Experience with Git/GitHub/GitLab.
* Experience with DockerHub or a container registry.
* Experience with building and deploying containers to a production environment.
* Strong knowledge of security and recovery from a DevOps perspective.*
* Experience as a Lead Engineer
* Experience with RabbitMQ and administration.
* Experience with kops.
* Experience with HashiCorp Vault, administration, and Goldfish; frontend Vault UI.
* Experience with helm for deployment to kubernetes.
* Experience with CloudWatch.
* Experience with Ansible and/or a configuration management language.
* Experience with Ansible Tower; not necessary.
* Experience with VPNs; OpenVPN preferable.
* Experience with network administration and understanding network topology and architecture.
* Experience with AWS spot instances or Google preemptible.
* Experience with Grafana administration, SSO (okta or jumpcloud preferable), LDAP / Active Directory administration, CloudHealth or cloud cost optimization.
* Experience with kubernetes-based software - example - heptio/ark, ingress-nginx, anchore engine.
* Familiarity with the ELK Stack
* Familiarity with basic administrative tasks and building artifacts on Windows
* Familiarity with other cloud infrastructures such as Cloud Foundry
* Strong web or software engineering experience
* Familiarity with security clearances in case you contribute to our non-commercial projects.
Not only you get to join our team of awesome playful ninjas, we also have great benefits:
* Six weeks paid time off per year (PTO+Hollidays).
* Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately.
* Free PPO/POS healthcare for the entire family.
* We pay you for every hour you work. Need something extra? Give yourself a raise by doing more hours when you can.
* Want to take time off without using vacation time? Shuffle your hours around in any pay period.
* Want a new MacBook Pro laptop? We'll get you one. If you like your MacBook Pro, we’ll buy you the new version whenever you want.
* Want some training or to travel to a conference that is relevant to your job? We offer that too!