Posted 2 months ago
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an accomplished and talented Lead Full Stack Engineer (mobile) at DECA Games. You have wide full stack development experience with best of class engineering skills and strong leadership skills. In addition to having deep knowledge of highly scalable distributed systems, you have a passion for gaming and thrive on working with all departments to ensure that each game's needs are met by DECA's core engineering team. In collaboration with both internal and external partners, you will drive core platform features from beginning to end in a central leadership role.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help lead, capture, develop and communicate a coherent vision of our core systems, features and tools. In this position, you are responsible for all aspects and quality of your projects. You will also be a leader in establishing best practices, assisting / mentoring other engineers on the team and identifying problem areas / opportunities for improvement in the codebase.
This role is a remote role, you can work from everywhere in the world.
- Ensure the needs of the project are met within the engineering team
- Drive core features for the game in a leadership position
- Ensure best practices are maintained at all times in all stages of the process
- Mentor more junior members of the engineering team
- Identify areas to improve within the codebase
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software with high quality, maintainable code
- Work closely with game design to implement new features
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Independent and productive communicate with your Manager, colleagues and other teams to ensure a smooth daily workflow
- At least 10 years of games industry experience.
- Shipped at least 3 mobile/social games, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Expert in C++, C#, Node.js, Golang, or Java
- Expert with cloud architectures via AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Extensive experience with client-side Unity, Unreal, or C++ game engines
- Extensive experience with LAMP, MEAN stacks
- Extensive experience with leading globally distributed teams
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile platforms, middleware technologies, and their strengths and weaknesses
- Strong Documentation / Presentation / Communication skills
- Strong performance optimization experience
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to assist others in their work
- Ability to assess the quality of other engineer's work
We are looking forward to your application!
Your DECA HR Team